ESPN360 is a GO!!! give us a head count!!!

orumom

Thanks to orustatboy, ttowncound, bogussmith and Terry Blain we can all meet in the Zoppelt Auditorium for the 8:30 tip off and watch ORU vs Marquette on ESPN360. We have seating for 200. If you don't know how to find it, let me know and I'll give you directions.

:lol:

You can COUNT on ttownCOUNT and wife.

Hey, people in the dorm... spread the word to everyone you see!!!

Hope to hear a lot of Tutt for one, two, TTTHHHRRREEEE!!!

YES!!!!! Thanks to all who have worked diligently today to pull this off. And thanks to Jerry Isaacs for making a room available to us.

Our family will be represented, but not sure by how many - probably two or three. Broken Arrow is playing Union in the Oklahoma 6A semifinals, and some of us will be going to that.

the Sellers family will be there. Not sure if we can have snacks, but I'm at least bringing a bottle of water.

Does someone have a radio with a good signal? It'd be nice to have it there tonight - at least as a backup if we lose the connection or something bad.

I'm glad to hear you guys are going to be able to watch the game. I'm sitting here in my recliner, watching it on my laptop (Charter carries ESPN360). I'm pleasantly surprised at the continuity of the video. I installed the client yesterday and every video I've tried to watch since then has had big time buffering issues, but so far with the live broadcast, there's been no such problem.

It's halftime at the moment - and there's no ESPN360 halftime show per se - just a screen with the score and the arena in the background; I can hear the PA guy giving the scoring stats - and it looks like it's going to be another hard fought down-to-the-wire game, just like last year against Hawaii. I certainly hope it doesn't end the same way.

Go ORU, beat the Golden Eagles :wink:

The video quality and sound were really good! Bogus Smith had set up a large screen in a lecture hall, built on an incline. Even with such short notice we had around 80 fans.

We could get as loud as we wanted and it didn't bother anyone. Actually a great atmosphere to be surrounded by other die hard fans wishing for a different outcome.

I think ORU terry got some pictures.

Tomorrow night will be another good game, but I think we will listen to it on the radio.

Hopefully the next time we put something together we can give everyone more than 2 hours notice :)

This was really a fun evening, except, of course, that ORU lost. Bogus Smith used his lap top connected to a projector to put up a full screen image on a projector screen - I'd guess the full picture was about 8' by 10', and everyone there had a clear view of the action. At one point someone counted, and there was in the neighborhood of 70 people there - not bad for having only two hour's notice.

Three point shooting and rebounding killed us. At one point I think the announcer said we were one for fourteen from behind the arc. Unlike some in the group, I was glad that Sutton left Ken in. Even when his shooting is cold, it doesn't seem to deter him, and he keeps shooting, and most of the time he eventually starts hitting, like he did tonight.

JB's shot at the end was ill-advised in my opinion, but on the other hand, how many times have you seen teams try to get the ball to their hot hand only to have time run out before he could get open. Maybe JB did the best thing.

Where was Larry Owens in the second half??? We all were wondering that. Maybe we'll need to ask Scott why Larry didn't play more tonight.

It was by no means a poor showing, but certainly could have been much better. Had a couple of those treys dropped, we might have seen a different conclusion. Instead we play for third place. Hopefully we can win that game.

Tonight was a fun night for all that had the chance to show up (except for the outcome). Mom's correct, it was fun being around die hard ORU fans in a big game environment like that. Too bad the seats weren't more comfortable!!

Big thanks to Ttowncount for the breakthrough on the proxy server, to ORUTerry for making the connections with security so that they wouldn't throw us out, to Old Titan for making many phone calls and for all of the fans that showed up on such short notice. Our apologies to those of you that would have come had we had more time to notify you. I think the lesson learned from this exercise is that we have the capabilities and know-how to make this happen for the future and we'll look for other opportunities to do this on a big screen in the future. My guess is that many low-major games will end up on an internet feed in the future.

There's still a lot of basketball to be played this season. Keep your heads up and your voices loud! :shock: