ORU at Omaha Predictions....

theeagleman5

Good Guys open as a 12 point favorite in Omaha tomorrow night....sounds about right but TheEagleman not sure that ORU will be good enough to cover that high number....last year we scored 100+ in both games vs. the Mavs (5-8).....i don't think it will be that high scoring but Omaha just doesn't score enough to beat us....hopefully we shake of the 10 day holiday rust and run them into the ground in the 2nd half.....ORU 88  Omaha 79 and then on to the Mile High City.....WIN ONE FOR OLD TITAN!!!!....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 1

Just hope that ORU does not overlook Omaha.  The Mavs will give the Eagles their best shot and ORU will need to continue to force some turnovers on defense.

A lot of sources are picking ORU to win the conference and go 18-0 or 17-1 but it is a long conference season and the Eagles should expect everybody's best shot.  As the old saying goes: take it one game at a time and go 1-0.  Never easy to win on the road but Eagles win 81-77 in a tough battle tomorrrow night in Omaha.

The Omaha player from Will Rogers High School will want to be making a statement of being overlooked by the hometown school. Revenge is a great motivator and, in today's portal world, he may be auditioning for his next team.  That being said, ORU is deeper and more talented than Omaha on paper. This game should be an ORU win, but a tough battle.  I would expect the good guys to cover the point spread tonight, but not until late in the game. 

Regardless of the outcome, I hope that Crutch and Kyan have great success at Omaha and make a good team - finding a way to take their "ORU North" coaching talents to a bigger stage eventually.

ORU shouldn't be overlooking anybody.....we ain't Gonzaga.....line is up to 13 this morning.....agree the Mavs won't be a pushover on their home court but this is a game that the Good Guys have to win.....Big night for Max who has been itching to shoot over the holiday break.....GO BLUE!!! :circle-logoi:

I like ORU to cover and will take the Over of 154.  So, something like 85-71.  Historically, we have played well (and scored well) in Omaha.  ORU is 15-4 all time against the Mavs, and eclipsed the century mark in both games of the home-and-home series last year.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Good Guys win one for OT....ugly just like he loves it....32 for Max....we will take it! 😍

Well, that was slightly more stressful then anticipated. Shot 60% from three. Fidler got every call near the hoop, shot a ton of free throws. Omaha has some players and Crutch has them playing hard.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I was just a bit off. Impressed with Omaha's offense, making 3s (10-18) and taking it to the rim. We're going to need to figure out how to stop at least one of those, and then get some defensive rebounds. Still goes in the books as a road win, and it does look like Omaha is much better than expected.  

They look like a very solid well coached team, and couldn't miss from outside in the second half. We are lucky max caught fire when he did! Definitely a Summit league reffed game, great for game sponsors, but kills the flow. Conners defense is one of the most incredible things I've seen, my new favorite thing is watching guys penetrate only to have to frantically search for an outlet pass.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Road wins are always precious... enjoy it tonight....only a 36 hour turnaround till Denver.....Go Blue!😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ORU the only Summit League road winner tonight....it's no easy task, my friends....😮

• Upvote 3

Denver / Kansas City heading to their third overtime period at 76 a piece.  Hope that they wear each other down.  We play both of these teams in our next two games, but hopefully KC takes a lot out of Denver tonight.

• Upvote 2

Denver wins 85-83 in 3OTs.  ORU is the only team undefeated in the League and the only road team to win tonight.  Here's hoping that 55 minutes of high altitude basketball does Denver in for a game in 36 hours.

7 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

and the only road team to win tonight.

And the only road team to win this season! (home teams are 9-1)

• Upvote 1

The Condor was a huge-difference maker tonight.  The deflection on the inbounds pass to ice the game - and SEVEN blocked shots.  Omaha was 20-of-50 on 2 point FGs.  So, of their 30 missed shots inside the arc, Connor blocked 23.3% of them.  That's an incredible stat... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3