Prayer for Old Titan

ORUTerry

I know all of us will keep praying (without ceasing!) for Rhett to experience a full recovery. Thank God for the doctors who treated him, and for the medical staff that continues to monitor him and make sure he is doing well.

• Upvote 1

So glad to hear that OT is on the mend.....and it sounds like the refs at Mabee Center may be in for a break this season since he won't be able to ride them about questionable calls until his vocal cords completely recovered.....God Bless Old Titan!!! :tb-white:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

So glad to hear that OT is on the mend.....and it sounds like the refs at Mabee Center may be in for a break this season since he won't be able to ride them about questionable calls until his vocal cords completely recover.....God Bless Old Titan!!! :tb-white:

That's OK....we'll pick up the slack in section 109! 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest on Old Titan?...is he out of the hospital yet??? 🙏:shield-logo:🙏

20 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

What's the latest on Old Titan?...is he out of the hospital yet??? 🙏:shield-logo:🙏

The last thing we heard from Diane on the 18th was: As of today, he is out of the hospital and into rehab. He will spend four weeks in rehab due to the fact that he needs to stay on intravenous antibiotics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It could've been worse if it was in June and he missed the CWS.  😉

So glad he is getting well.  Still praying for a complete healing.

Thanks for the update ttowncount.

• Like 4

TheEagleman really misses Old Titan on this board as I am sure all of you do as well.....so glad you are feeling better!!....we love you, buddy!! 😍  :tb-blue:

49 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman really misses Old Titan on this board as I am sure all of you do as well.....so glad you are feeling better!!....we love you, buddy!! 😍  :tb-blue:

Snow White And The Seven Dwarves Dwarf GIF

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Alright, just stop it. 

I have a reputation as a prickly curmudgeon that I’m trying to uphold, and these well-meaning but completely misplaced platitudes in my absence are not helping.

To be continued…

HE’S BACK!!! 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Words of wisdom from Room 116 of the Post Acute Medical facility in east Tulsa:

1.  Spending six figures to buy a game in the Mabee Center with the likes of North Texas isn’t worth it.  That money is better spent on a variety of other needs. Just go ahead and play an Ozark Christian or two (but not four).

2.  With the apparent shift in scheduling philosophy by the new staff, suddenly Golden Eagle Fan is no longer concerned with coaching job security based on W-L records. 😉

3.  When given the option of “Tuna Casserole” on the facility’s dinner menu, always go with “Chef Salad” instead. Trust me on this one…

harry potter GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

3.  When given the option of “Tuna Casserole” on the facility’s dinner menu, always go with “Chef Salad” instead. Trust me on this one…

harry potter GIF

The tuna casserole will go through you faster than a rat in a snake (IF you're hungry enough to eat it)!  Hopefully there is a bathroom nearby. That is all....

Welcome back to the dark side! 😉

Could be worse.....could be raining....Image result for young frankenstein it could be worse scene

• Haha 1

I ordered the tuna at Landry’s one time many years ago and I did not even make it out of the restaurant…

This has been a busy summer and I really haven't gone to the message  board much. I saw today that OT is doing better and that does my heart good! Keep mending my friend and know we are praying and pulling for you for a complete recovery!

• Like 2

On 8/27/2023 at 8:28 PM, Old Titan said:

2.  With the apparent shift in scheduling philosophy by the new staff, suddenly Golden Eagle Fan is no longer concerned with coaching job security based on W-L records. 😉

Glad to be recognized in one of your early posts back! Happy to have you back 🙌🏼

As you know, I love to talk some scheduling philosophy with all of my Message Board friends! 😃

• Like 2