ORU Courtside Countdown Dinner & Auction

ORUTerry

The ORU Courtside Countdown dinner is tonight (Nov 3rd) at the Mabee Center. Starts at 6:00. If you can’t make it, here is a link to view and bid on the auction items:

https://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/CC22-34872?bbeml=tp-SMljlLxWEEWJdOoxxDCzMw.jYgqIn0ik8UiH6D-o5tLf2Q.rfJPu8VutwEGK_NfMbjZC8w.lt2qZnuoJ80yHrQ1QY5NMtw

I loved it! They just need to figure out how Family Feud really works. 🙂 

Sir Issac was AMAZING. If he didn't convince people to support the scholarship fund, then no one can. I am so impressed with him! 

And Caleb Green? Come on! What wonderful memories he brings back. 

What did everyone else who was there think?

• Upvote 1

It was great... with one exception: I thought the Family Feud question "What do you hate about the Dakotas" was inappropriate. If ORU wants to use athletics to help spread the Gospel, then there is no place for hate in any form, including attempts at humor.  I spent 15 years in North Dakota. The people there are as friendly as you will find anywhere, and it's an excellent place to raise your children, with its strong emphasis on family and work ethic. OK, I admit that it's not a tourist destination. When people ask me about life in North Dakota, I tell them: It's a great place to live... but you wouldn't want to visit there.

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

Sir Issac was AMAZING. If he didn't convince people to support the scholarship fund, then no one can. I am so impressed with him! 

I think you mean Isaac McBride!

• Like 1

And continued congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Smith for recognition of their long-lasting and generous support of the Titans/Golden Eagles over the years. We all say a huge THANK YOU for your leadership and gifts!

0B5FF13B-199C-487A-82A0-EFA9DC2BCC1D.jpeg

44875E2D-3D43-414B-BFED-432C68527856.jpeg

BEC36079-4592-42B3-A46F-0B57D674942E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On a side note...I've never seen an AD put himself in the spotlight, at any/every turn, like this one.

Someone should pull AD Buttigeig aside and let him know that people pay to see the coaches and players. 

Thank you for the kind words.  We were very surprised.  The best thing about supporting ORU athletics is the wonderful people we get to cheer/celebrate/sorrow with.  I always look forward to the fellowship as much as the games.

These pictures add to my embarrassment.   Sigh! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

I think you mean Isaac McBride!

Isaac is a very gifted speaker and nice guy.  Several on the team are excellent at communication - not your typical athletes. 

• Like 1

Bogus and Mrs. Smith are the perfect couple....Mr. and Mrs. ORU....God Bless them!  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Smith on a well deserved honor! Being on the message board I don’t know most people by face so it was great to see you up on stage getting your award! You both truly represent what ORU stands for and means to so many of us.  You both have stood the test of time and have given unselfishly to so many! What a great evening and so much fun to connect with great friends! No matter how much time passes it is always a breath of fresh air to fellowship with ORU alum, faculty, staff and players!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The secret identities of Mr and Mrs Smith are now busted! It was a great evening, our first courtside countdown. Issac macbride had a great story to tell. Met him at a local restaurant this summer and was impressed. 

does anyone know if issacs parents were there? It showed them as event sponsors in the program on the back page. 

33 minutes ago, Ting said:

The secret identities of Mr and Mrs Smith are now busted! It was a great evening, our first courtside countdown. Issac macbride had a great story to tell. Met him at a local restaurant this summer and was impressed. 

does anyone know if issacs parents were there? It showed them as event sponsors in the program on the back page. 

"Mackie" is a special person and special player.  Very well spoken (he should be as he wants to go into broadcasting) and a great teammate. Regardless of our season this year, we can definitely be proud of our team as people, students, and great citizens of our communities.  I have a feeling that this will be one of Paul Mills' favorite teams when it is all said-and-done.  I did not see Issac's parents, but it is possible that they made the trip up from Little Rock to be there.

Looking forward to seeing how we do in a hostile environment in about 60 hours from now.

• Like 3