1974 Loyola vs Oral Roberts on Ebay

vcboy2000

Sure, Eddie.  That game would have been against Loyola (Chicago), played Jan. 17, 1974.  ORU won 105-90.  There must have been some DEFENSE played in that game! 

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the final results of that tournament.

It wasn't a tournament, just a special doubleheader showcase hosted by Loyola at the old Chicago Stadium.  That was the ORU team that advanced to the Elite Eight and was among the leaders in the nation in scoring.  They broke 100 points in a game eleven times that season!  The other game featured UCLA and Iowa - did UCLA win another NCAA title that year, or was that the season David "Skywalker" Thompson  and North Carolina State broke the Bruins' decade-long streak of titles?

They broke 100 points eleven times that season without the three point line!

OT, we really need to get together and get the great history of ORU basketball down in writing.

And then put it in some sort of "guide".  Maybe the Media could use this "guide".

TMH, I've actually thought about that myself.  It would be great to back and get stories from people.  Smitty has an amazing scrap book that he put together starting his first day at ORU.  It even has his job offer letter from Oral.  Smitty keeps this huge book in his office at the AC.  You should bother him before a game, and see if you can drop by his office to check it out.  He teaches raquetball and first aid classes during the day, but I'm sure he'd let you hang out for a little while.  He loves to tell a few stories.