AP Top 25

Keenan Henderson

We must be getting close to a new season since the AP Top 25 poll was just released.  Houston came in at #3 and received one first place vote.  Which brings up the question has ORU played any top 3 ranked teams since the big win against Kansas?  Have the Eagles beaten any top 3 teams beside Kansas?  

On a side note, Texas Tech and Kevin Obanor are ranked 25 this year, even without their star center.

#3 Kansas in 2006 is the highest rated team ORU has ever beaten I am fairly certain but TheEagleman is not sure if we have played higher ranked teams in the past...I know we have not beaten any recently....Kansas and Ohio State are highest ranked teams where ORU was victorious....not sure where Louisville was ranked when ORU beat them at Mabee in the 1974 NCAA Tournament...have to defer to Old Titan on that....and I am sure ORU40 can provide info on ranked opponents in the early 80s.....:circle-logoi:

Looks like ORU did play #1 ranked North Carolina in December 2008 but lost 100-84.  This Houston game is a great opportunity for ORU that does not come along very often.  Not saying them will win but how often do you get a chance to beat a top 3 team? Maybe every 10-15 years.