NIL Blues

eagle88

Just for starters I an not a fan of the NIL in its current form for many reasons. Aside from my dislike of the NIL I  don't think it is going to overall be a successful program. Let's take Texas AM who purportedly raised millions in NIL $$$ for their football program and this past Saturday paid Appalachian State over $1 million to beat them in College Station! What a fiasco! All of these donors wanting to buy the best team in the country. Unfortunately while $ may buy you talent it will never buy you the intangibles it takes to be successful. The more $ you throw at these college athletes the more likelihood they will get distracted and with some athletes getting a lot of $ and some getting little to none what a recipe for disunity! We all know for many years now players have been given "incentives" to come to a certain school. At least until the NIL started these "incentives" were somewhat hidden and not so obvious.. Now it is out in the open and will be a free for all with a huge potential to disunify players and their teams. Basketball and football are team sports and it will always take a team effort to win. Although I am a firm believer in the free enterprise system if they are going to keep the NIL I would take all the $ and divide it equally amongst the players. Sure you will have a couple players on each team not liking it but at the end of the day a lot more players would be happy and much less of a chance for disunity on teams. Unfortunately for college sports whether intentional or unintentional the NIL program was not well thought out.

• Like 2