South Carolina/AAU Game

tmh8286

South Carolina won - barely. Final score 65-60. AAU put on a furious rally in the last minute to pull within five. Given another minute and AAU might have won.

They showed video outside the arena this afternoon - it was snowing furiously, looked like about 6-8 inches on the ground. A HUGE MOOSE was standing right outside the arena, munching on something in the landscaping, it looked like! That would have been a sight to see if our guys happened to be there today.

Anybody know what they did for Thanksgiving?

The tournament is really big about involving the teams with the community. The travel party of each school is divided into small groups of like two and place them in homes throughout the area to enjoy a "real" Alaska Thanksgiving.

Mike said that people in the community took them in and he would email all of us this morning with an update on the events in Alaska. At the time he was at the UAA vs SC game.

AAU looked very polished for a D-II school. They played good defense and shot the ball fairly well. They were not as athletic as South Carolina but compensated for it by having good ball movement and making open shots.

Doc, if you get an e-mail from Mike in Alaska can you post it on the message board? His correspondence comes to me via my office e-mail and I am not working today. Thanks.

Doc, if you get an e-mail from Mike in Alaska can you post it on the message board? His correspondence comes to me via my office e-mail and I am not working today. Thanks.

Terry, I thought that this board was your job and therefore you worked every day!! What gives??!! :lol: