URGENT! FRIDAY WATCH PARTY!!

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...may be possible if we can get someone with ORU connections to arrange for a room on campus that has access to university internet system. The game at 8:30 PM is on ESPN360, an internet-only service that is available on the ORU internet system. ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN? Post here IMMEDIATELY, please...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• orumom

• ttowncount

• Old Titan

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to ask you the same thing. Maybe Matt McLeod could help us do something in the practice gymn? I guess we can't charge, because of the rules concerning telecasts, but it would sure be a great chance for our fans to feel part of the Great Alaskan Shoot Out.

I'll send some emails, as I assume others will & see if I can raise any interest.

I got an e-mail regarding this idea from "orumom" this afternoon, and I will say here what I e-mailed back to her: while the idea is a great one, I am concerned that working out the logistics on such short notice over a holiday may be too much to overcome. I will make some phone calls first thing Friday; keep watching this space for updates.

I know it is late notice, but I think we could get a fair amount of people assembled to watch the game. I suspect that getting the venue (practice gym, LRC, Howard Auditorium, etc.) opened and then closed might be the problem - besides making the technical arrangements of connecting to the internet.

Let me know if I can help with anything. There are about 6-7 Blains that would show up...

I know we have several ORU professors who cruise this message board.... can you help us in any way. Can we all come and crowd into your office? :D

Terry pointed out many of the obvious problems. However, Internet access may not be one of them. Most of the large classrooms in the Graduate Center have Internet access in them; there are also built in projectors with large screens.

Getting in the building on a holiday may be the biggest obstacle. Anyone have connections with Dave Ellsworth and / or Security?

Protocol would probably be to start with Chris Belvin (who is probably in Alaska) or his assistant, Matt McLeod, who let us know about it being on campus.

We would then need to involve Mike Carter or his assistant, Scott Higgins.

They would be in the position to call Dave Ellsworth. The calls could take minutes or hours, depending on how open they are to the idea before we try championing it.

Who has great contacts with the University VP's?

The people I had planned on calling are Dave Elsworth (for the campus) and Tony Winters (for Mabee Center), but if that doesn't work, I was going to call Dave Conner and Terry Unruh to see if they had any ideas.

Titan/Mom, if you can get us access to the Internet on campus, I can provide the computer, projector and screen, if needed. Maybe Security would open up Zoppelt or the Fireside Room (are they still in the Student Center building?) since they are next door to those parts of the building and wouldn't have to go all over the campus opening buildings.

Let me know if I can be of any help in coordinating this. It's hard to tell who you will be able to reach over the holidays, but surely someone will be available and security may be of assistance in letting you know who to contact that would be the "authority" for them to allow us availability.

I know Jerry Isaacs (head of security at ORU) as do some of you. I can give him a call to find out what has to be done and what protocol we need to follow.

I'm headed to the office, but I will check in with Blue through out the day to see how this Band of Brothers is coming on putting together our game for tonight.

Good luck guys!

Okay, if we can pull this off we need to have some idea of how many people will show up. Please let us know if you would attend tonight if we can arrange the venue.

I'm not having any luck with my phone calls - the campus and the Mabee Center are officially "closed" today for the holiday. I'm leaving a lot of voicemails, but this isn't looking good...

I am offering our church. i am finding out if our Easytel service (same as ORU campus) has access to 360 and if so we have plenty of seating and projection.

does anybody know why "only Campus" can display the game?

I have an off-site venue lined up but not sure if we can arrange to hook up with ESPN-360. Does anyone know if we can access it through Direct-TV or does it have to be an internet provider? COX does not carry ESPN-360. Come on.... we have lots of young 'digit heads' reading this message board. Surely we can figure this out.

EASYTELGUY would know if he checks the board.

It is video streaming on the internet. The internet is the ONLY way we can get it.