Like witnessing a mugging...

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...it was so ugly. How bad is USC? They had NOTHING - no offense, no defense, no rebounding, no heart. That's a REALLY bad basketball team. Utah State would beat that team by 40. Think what our score might have been if we had hit our free throws and cut down the silly turnovers? Still plenty of room for improvement. I dozed off during the second half but woke up in time to hear Scott Sutton say on postgame show that we just tried to work the shot clock in the second half, hinting that we could have turned it on and beat them by more. EVERY TIME WE PRESSED THEY TURNED THE BALL OVER!! Marquette should prove to be much stiffer challenge, with supercoach Tom Crean at the controls - he's awesome. All in all, gotta love the results - a 20-point coaster over a Pac-10 team is nice any day...

Guest Rob Marshall

Coach Crean wears his ties too long and his pants too short, other than that he's quite the hyper act to watch on the sidelines. Remember being courtside for TU's ambush of the #5 seed Golden Eagles in the NCAA tournament first round up in STL in 2002 and thinking Crean sure was working hard to be on the hot young coaches in America list. The question remains though ... with all the hype, why hasn't he gotten a big gig yet?

ORU by eight.

Guest EagleBackr
Coach Crean wears his ties too long and his pants too short, other than that he's quite the hyper act to watch on the sidelines. Remember being courtside for TU's ambush of the #5 seed Golden Eagles in the NCAA tournament first round up in STL in 2002 and thinking Crean sure was working hard to be on the hot young coaches in America list. The question remains though ... with all the hype, why hasn't he gotten a big gig yet?

ORU by eight.

Hey, if you're Catholic and from the Upper Midwest, Marquette IS a big gig! It's better than Notre Dame, Xavier or any other Jesuit school I can think of. And now that Marquette is in the Big East, they'll get all that East Coast/ESPN coverage, too. Any job that was good enough for "The Mad Genius" Al McGuire is good enough for me!!

Papists over the Pentecostals, 65-60.

Guest Rob Marshall

okay, it's a 1/2 step up from the Creightons, Detroits, Fordhams and the Loyola-Everywheres of college basketball, and perhaps on par with some like St. Louis U., DePaul or Xavier; HOWEVER it's now fallen behind little known Gonzaga University, and it's certainly no Villanova, St. John's, Notre Dame, Georgetown, or Boston College. Wait, ORU beat G-town by 18 last year with this same group of kids ... hmmmmmmmmmm ...

My confidence is building ... ORU by twelve. :lol:

I agree with your assessment. USC is not that good; they have decent athletes (a couple of McDonald's HS All-Americans?) but did not play disciplined or together as a team. ORU was careless with the ball at times, did not take advantage of USC turnovers and shot poorly from the FT line. We need to take better care of the ball and make sure we take good shots.