Recruits

ORU GRAD

After reading the TU board, they misunderstood that we will have 12 players this year instead of 10. We have only 10 available for games due to one year wait for transfers. Do we get another recruit this year or play with what we have? Barring injuries, we should be fine but have no redshits available as we did last year and had to reinstate one. Also there is talk that this is last year for Coach Sutton. I have said all along that he will ride out the Green/ Tutt show to a new assignment. It is OK but did that effect our recruiting class with the Prep recruit? Just a thought. 8-)

After reading the TU board, they misunderstood that we will have 12 players this year instead of 10. We have only 10 available for games due to one year wait for transfers. Do we get another recruit this year or play with what we have? Barring injuries, we should be fine but have no redshits available as we did last year and had to reinstate one. Also there is talk that this is last year for Coach Sutton. I have said all along that he will ride out the Green/ Tutt show to a new assignment. It is OK but did that effect our recruiting class with the Prep recruit? Just a thought. 8-)

ORUTerry Syndrome strikes again!

Guest EagleBackr

...Coach Sutton would have to have a job to go TO in order to leave, wouldn't he?  Unless he's planning to pull a "Bill Blankenship" and declare himself a free agent (and look at how well THAT has worked out for the former Union football coach - relegated to doing commercials for a local auto dealership).  For Coach Sutton to leave, a better job would have to open up, he would have to interview for it, and then be offered the job over the other candidates.  That's a lot of steps to sail through on the first try.  Good ol' Sunny Golloway went through all levels of that process over several seasons before finally getting exasperated and taking an assistant's job at OU instead.  Has Coach Sutton ever pursued another job?  Has Mike Carter ever been asked by another school for permission to talk to Coach Sutton?  Has Coach Sutton ever actually interviewed for another job?

Look, I'm not saying Coach Sutton wouldn't be a great choice for some bigger school in a better conference.  But, as far as him being automatically "out of here" this year just because the cupboard next season might be a little bare, just remember it still takes two to tango (or so they say on "Dancing With The Stars"...)

Has Coach Sutton ever pursued another job?  Has Mike Carter ever been asked by another school for permission to talk to Coach Sutton?  Has Coach Sutton ever actually interviewed for another job?

Would we necessarily have known if he had?  Isn't it possible that the process occurred without necessarily becoming public knowledge? 

We have heard his name mentioned a time or two relating to available jobs, perhaps only as suggestions, but it's possible that someone may have talked to Mike Carter regarding Scott Sutton without them advertising it.  I've noticed that the ORU athletic department likes to play most of their cards pretty close to the vest . . .

But overall I agree with your point.  First someone needs to offer Coach Sutton a job, and it has to be a position that Coach Sutton believes would provide him with a better situation - and apart from the money, I think he's got a pretty good situation at ORU.  I could be wrong, but I think a lateral move by Scott is unlikely.