Final Word on Jeremy Hazell (for now)

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...heard from two different people in the know that Jeremy Hazell is indeed NOT going to be here for this season and is in fact returning to prep school.  Apparently, a loophole in the NCAA letter-of-intent system allows him to do that since he never actually enrolled in college.  He's basically a free agent (again). 

I mention this in order to clarify that his reneging had NOTHING to do with his grades, ORU's lifestyle, or some of the even more bizarre theories (such as, according to one crazy TU fan, ORU's architecture).  It has EVERYTHING to do with (upon advice of friends and family) him hoping to score a "better" gig at an SEC/ACC/Big East school, instead of at a mid-major like us.  Time will tell once he signs with someone again (either in November or in the spring).  We could actually still sign him again, but I have no idea if this coaching staff wants to spend any more time with him than they already have.  Thet way I see it, it just makes more time available for an already crowded spot on the floor (the #2 guard) with Tutt, Ehambe, Sango and sometimes Yemi.  Would be MUCH more worried if losing a player involved King in the post, or Liberty at the point.  We'll be fine (for now) without him...

Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Maryland are now in the hunt (from internet reports on Rivals and Scout). Could there have been tampering? I agree that we will be fine without him but it would have been a great pick-up.

Guest EagleBackr

Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Maryland are now in the hunt (from internet reports on Rivals and Scout). Could there have been tampering? I agree that we will be fine without him but it would have been a great pick-up.

...I sincerely doubt we're ever going to win a recruiting battle against the likes of those schools.  Maybe if it was just us vs. one of them, but not all three (or more?) at one time.  As for tampering, since he never enrolled and is sitting out another year, I guess it's legal.  My concern is not so much with Hazell as it is with the system that allows this sort of thing.  It just doesn't seem right that a player can basically return to secondary school AFTER he's already graduated from high school, and after he's signed an NCAA letter-of-intent, to play (presumambly) for FREE on scholarship, against kids 2-3 years younger than him, while waiting for a better college opportunity to present itself.  Don't these prep schools have any age limits?  This guy is likely going to be 20 or 21 years old by the time he finally reaches college as a freshman...

Guest EagleBackr

Nice to know I'm under your skin and in your thoughts, my little Punching Bag.

Oh, was that you?  Couldn't remember which one of the many Golden Hurlicane DIPSTICKS said it originally.  Should have known it was you - you've been trotting that same ol' lame @ss "architecture" wisecrack out FOR YEARS!!  Hey, did ya hear the one about "The 900-Foot Jesus"?  Or, wait - how about the "two-gay-guys-named-Bob" riddle?!?  HEE-HAW!!  THEM SURE ARE SUM GOOD 'UNS!! 

Seriously, can we ever beat these guys ENOUGH to compensate for puds like this clown?  And, please - don't even BEGIN to take credit for getting under my skin.  I've despised 11th & Harvard morons like you, in your crossing-guard-school-bus-yellow windbreakers and royal-blue-Grecian-Formula-truck-driver hair, since the Nixon administration.  You are but a PIMPLE on the posterior that is "TU Nation"...

Oh, was that you?  Couldn't remember which one of the many Golden Hurlicane DIPSTICKS said it originally.  Should have known it was you - you've been trotting that same ol' lame @ss "architecture" wisecrack out FOR YEARS!!  Hey, did ya hear the one about "The 900-Foot Jesus"?  Or, wait - how about the "two-gay-guys-named-Bob" riddle?!?  HEE-HAW!!  THEM SURE ARE SUM GOOD 'UNS!! 

Seriously, can we ever beat these guys ENOUGH to compensate for puds like this clown?  And, please - don't even BEGIN to take credit for getting under my skin.  I've despised 11th & Harvard morons like you, in your crossing-guard-school-bus-yellow windbreakers and royal-blue-Grecian-Formula-truck-driver hair, since the Nixon administration.  You are but a PIMPLE on the posterior that is "TU Nation"...

Just all me "the Dude," thank you.  "El Duderino if you aren't into brevity."

So let me get this straight... Nixon Administration, late 60's, early 70's.  "Summer of Love."  Great rock and roll and crazy times -- dawn of disco soon after that.  Heck Tulsa was even a happenin' place.  And what were you doing?  Looking at the butts of TU fans and imagining what was on them.  Dude, you've got a complex.

Guess it comes from always being BEHIND TU in everything your whole life.  :-D

Guest EagleBackr

...nice edit to your original post - an hour later!  Got a pathetic visual of you tripping over empty Natural Light cans, furiously licking the layers of Cheetos paste from your fingertips, then stumbling down Mom's basement stairs to your swingin' "Failure To Launch" bachelor bedroom, where you plop down at your garage sale PC to excitedly fire off that brilliant sliver of literary inspiration!!  "GOOD ONE, MAN - GOOD ONE!!"

...nice edit to your original post - an hour later!  Got a pathetic visual of you tripping over empty Natural Light cans, furiously licking the layers of Cheetos paste from your fingertips, then stumbling down Mom's basement stairs to your swingin' "Failure To Launch" bachelor bedroom, where you plop down at your garage sale PC to excitedly fire off that brilliant sliver of literary inspiration!!  "GOOD ONE, MAN - GOOD ONE!!"

You were just looking at my butt...

"The Dude abides."

Was Lebowski on tonight or something?

Sometimes you eat the bar...

Got it for my birthday.  8-)

Hey, Baby Got Backr-

Since it's a high crime with you for me to edit posts, I'll add my amendment down here.  I could care less about your attempts at humor -- in fact, I enjoy knowing I'm "nails on a chalkboard" to you -- but I do take exception to one thing.  Never  EVER accuse me of drinking Natty Light.  I'm a beer connoisseur.  I'd have ya over to my hot bachelor pad -- in fact I've invited you before -- for some good imports, but I guess you're afraid...

And this leads to one conclusion: don't put much weight in the words of a man that turns down free beer.  Somethin' ain't right with that.