Possible Recruit - Mustapha Farrakhan ????

ORUTerry

I found this info on a Rivals.com recruiting site:

Mustapha Farrakhan (grandson of Louis Farrakhan):  He lists his favorites as: Valpo,Oral Roberts,Southern Utah,Furman,Alabama A&M,Howard,Jackson St. among others.

I find it very hard to believe he would be considering ORU or Valpo given his grandfather's views - if he holds to them.

Now that would be a hoot!  Obviously, if ORU is on his list of possibilities then we have gotten his attention somehow.  Interesting that he lists three Mid-Con schools as teams he's considering.  For some reason he's familiar with the Mid-Con - I wonder if he's got connections at Chicago State or something. 

Or maybe it's the religious aspect - he's probably heard that we're Mormon . . .

Write up on his involvement in the Nike camp in early July:

Mustapha Farrakhan, 2007 ? Here is a guy that should see his recruitment take on a lot of interest after the Nike camp. He played well enough at the NBA Players Association camp to draw big crowd of coaches and he'll hit a couple of shots along the way to make coaches want to dig a little deeper on him. Farrakhan said he has interest from Stanford, Oregon, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State and Indiana State but not an offer from any of them.

As I said, there is no way this kid would go to either ORU or Valpo....

. . . but it would be an interesting meeting between RR and Grandpa Louis, don't you think?

Interesting how the article mentions that there's a good chance that he'll succeed his father after his father succeeds his grandfather. Wouldn't it be funny to see "ORU Class of 2011" on the resume of the leader of the Nation of Islam?