Jarrett and Aguailar

TrueBlue82

Just got my tickets for the Boise Hawks (Short-Season A) baseball game tonight.  Should be a great game, with Jeff Samardzija (Notre Dame All-America wide receiver) on the mound as starting pitcher for the Hawks.

But, as an ORU fan, I'm most excited to see and meet Sean Jarrett and Brian Aguailar, both playing for the visiting Tri-City (Wa.) Dust Devils.  Anybody on the board want me to give them your regards?

Looked over the Hawks boxscore this morning and noticed the Ags was played first base ... wasn't he known for his defensive abilities behind the plate?  It's interesting that he's now in the line up for his bat.

Another solid outing out of Jarrett (1.0 IP, 1 hit, 0 runs, 1 SO), as well.  Go Hawks!

It was an interesting game.  Ags did play first (and covered well defensively).  He's listed as a catcher on the roster, although he's only played 1B and DH in the week he's been with Tri-City.  For the season, he's batting .300 (even after an 0-3 night) which is pretty stellar on a very weak hitting team (the team batting average is barely above the Mendoza line).  Although he was 0-fer last night, he reached base on 3 of 4 plate appearances (a walk and two errors).

Jarrett was solid in an inning of work.  Most of his misses were low, reducing the risk of a solid hit.  He gave up a double to the gap with one out, then struck out the next batter and forced an easy ground out.  I was hoping that he would return for another inning, as the on-deck batter would have provided a rematch with Tyler Colvin, of Clemson fame.  However, Jarrett was pulled, as he's never pitched more than one inning in a game yet.  It's likely they'll match up later this season.  Jarrett's record is sparkling so far, unscored upon in over seven innings of work.

Wouldn't a Jerrett/Colvin rematch be a fun thing to see - I bet Jerrett fans him next time they meet.  Too bad you didn't get to see it. 

Okay, Blue, I'm no baseball junkie, except when it comes to ORU, so I had to check out this "Mendoza line" stuff.  I found a pretty interesting web site about it.  Can you tell me how many Mendoza's have played in MLB?

Mendoza Line