Mike Carter Doesn't Get Enough Respect

ORUJason

As I reflect on the 2005-06 season for ORU athletics, I would have to say it has been the most successful in a long time.

Men's Basketball NCAA tournament appearance

Men's Baseball Super-regional appearance and end-of-season national ranking

Track and Field successes and national rankings

Women's Golf NCAA tournament appearance

Fundraising (Golden Eagle Club) has resulted in new baseball/workout facility

Most other teams challenged for tournament appearances and had 1st/2nd/3rd place Mid-Con finishes

Mike has hired well, and has made the most of the athletic budget he has been given.  ORU athletics have come a long way under his leadership, and he has been a strong ambassador for ORU in the Tulsa-area community.

He has also positioned ORU to be legitimately considered by other conferences.

Mike - Thank you for your continued leadership of ORU athletics, you have earned my respect!

Not trying to undermine his accomplishments, but every last person on staff in athletics and at the university could use a little more respect for all the hardwork and dedication that they put into a place that is paying them well below market value for their skills (not a gripe. I understand why the university pays it's staff the amount it does. just stating facts). If Mike Carter is not being respected enough at a university where athletics is right next to the pay grade of the president, then I'd hate to see the janitorial quarters.  :oops:

Not trying to undermine his accomplishments, but every last person on staff in athletics and at the university could use a little more respect for all the hardwork and dedication that they put into a place that is paying them well below market value for their skills (not a gripe. I understand why the university pays it's staff the amount it does. just stating facts).

Worth repeating.