St. Thomas at ORU

theeagleman5

Otis, my man!!...you are correct, sir...3 runs yesterday with little clutch hitting and today a 14-0 whitewash of the Tommies with HRS by Denny and Archambo and a 2 hit SO from Isaac Coffey....ORU at 30-15 overall and Good Guys are 1 back of NDSU in the loss column....final regular season home game on Tuesday night vs. UCA. 🍺

• Like 2

TheEagleman realizes that our season is not yet done and perhaps the Good Guys will play their best ball over the next month and advance to the NCAA Regionals....but to be honest....based on our play at home this season I am not sure that it gives us much of a home advantage to play the Summit Tournament at JLJ....ORU has dropped 3 home series this year (DBU, Omaha and NDSU) and we were a 9th and 10th inning rally away from losing a 4th to woeful St. Thomas. Somebody will have to dig into the archives to check and see when was the last time ORU lost 3 series at home in a single season and 2 in Summit competition....it's hard to believe considering it wasn't that long ago when ORU was winning 90+% of our Summit games and pretty much running the table at JLJ.....and let's be very honest here...it's not that our opponents in the Summit have improved a ton....yes, Omaha, NDSU and SDSU are a step above what they were 5-10 years ago.....but the fact is that our Golden Eagles have had a measurable decline over the past decade.....and losing at home as we have been instills little or no fear in our opponents come the tournament in 3 weeks.....TheEagleman thinks that weekend is a virtual toss up with ORU probably not even the favorite to win.....it really saddens me to see it come to this....a once proud perennial Top 35-40 program in NCAA D-1 Baseball and we can't routinely beat NDSU, SDSU and Omaha???.....Geez.....I sure hope this team wakes up in the next 2 road series at Omaha and SDSU and gets on a roll for the Summit Tournament....otherwise we are going to see one of our opponents dog piling at the JLJ pitcher's mound on the final weekend of May.....and that would be very very sad......😮

• Upvote 1

Despite my negative comments above....congrats to Isaac Coffey for pitching a gem on Mothers Day at JLJ....the 2 hit shutout vs. St. Thomas was a masterpiece and TheEagleman for one is hoping that this is a sign of things to come for Coffey over the next month....ORU really needs him.....:shield-logo:

Eagleman, i respectfully disagree. You have to remember the team is still 30-15 with wins against some of the best teams in the country. In baseball anyone can beat anyone any given day. Let’s stay optimistic and positive since these boys are only 18-23 years old. What do you think Folmar should do? 

• Like 2

Well,  my friend....Coach Folmar needs to start finding better players or he's going to be soon looking for new employment.......If ORU can't win the SUMMIT LEAGUE in Baseball then that's a serious problem.....and if you still respectfully disagree then you need to change your ORUSports screen name because i don't ever want to be confused with your opinions......😜

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Despite my negative comments above....congrats to Isaac Coffey for pitching a gem on Mothers Day at JLJ....the 2 hit shutout vs. St. Thomas was a masterpiece and TheEagleman for one is hoping that this is a sign of things to come for Coffey over the next month....ORU really needs him.....:shield-logo:

Didn’t I say basically the same thing after young Mr. Coffey pitched well last week 😛

Otis, my man!! We are simpatico my brother!!...😎🍺😎

• Haha 1