NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

The Top Two Teams in the Summit face off this weekend at JLJ......Good Guys are 22-12 (7-2) and the Bison are 21-12 (9-3).....ORU needs to get 2 of 3 for the tiebreaker and to take sole possession of first.....time to get serious.....Let's Go Blue!!!  and just a side comment....Sunday is Disney Day????...are you kidding me?.....BOOOOOOOO!!!!!        :NDSU:  VS.  :shield-logo:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Sunday is Disney Day????...are you kidding me?.....BOOOOOOOO!!!!!        

I just talked to Ron DeSantis - he is NOT happy about this! 😆

The Top Two Teams in the Summit face off this weekend at JLJ......Good Guys are 22-12 (7-2) and the Bison are 21-12 (9-3).....ORU needs to get 2 of 3 for the tiebreaker and to take sole possession of first.....time to get serious.....Let's Go Blue!!! 

Huge series! Hoping to make it out for tomorrow's game! 

Decided the weather was too nice to miss tonight. Good guys with 3 in the 1st…

• Like 1

Great night, and great start to the weekend...

Good guys take Game 1, 10-4.

Good Guys win easy 10-4 tonight. How was the crowd tonight, Grip???  Nice to kick some Bison butt in game 1. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Good Guys win easy 10-4 tonight. How was the crowd tonight, Grip???  Nice to kick some Bison butt in game 1. 👍

Decent crowd for a Friday night - lots of little leaguers. There was a huge Mario Murillo event in the MC so campus was hoppin...

$1 hot dog night, so I had to spend $3 extra. 😁

• Like 1

Lol....only 3 dogs? Tomorrow afternoon they will be back to $3...ORU needs another win to really back NDSU up against the wall....then cut their hearts out on Sunday.....Go Blue!!😎

19 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Lol....only 3 dogs? Tomorrow afternoon they will be back to $3...ORU needs another win to really back NDSU up against the wall....then cut their hearts out on Sunday.....Go Blue!!😎

Doubleheader on Saturday due to impending weather.

• Like 1

DH today will be lovely for Grip...lots of baseball and hot dogs but he will have to sneak in his own 🍺🍺

The Lord works in mysterious ways... Disney Day cancelled....👍😎👍

• Like 1

Game 1 is underway and scoreless as ORU bats in the home 2nd.....:shield-logo:

DH today will be lovely for Grip...lots of baseball and hot dogs but he will have to sneak in his own 🍺🍺

Won't make it out today, so I'll keep tabs from home. And I won't be able to sneak in that sixer of PBR for LakeBison....

• Haha 1

Tough 2-1 loss in Game 1 at JLJ....just couldn't get the bats going today....let's get a split in the nightcap.....:NDSU::shield-logo:

This is a terrible day for ORU.....only 2 runs on the day and pitching falters in Game 2......It's 9-1 now and this can't happen at home.....have seen enough of Coffey....bad enough we lost a series to Omaha at home but now another vs. NDSU.....TheEagleman is extremely displeased......🤬

It was hard to hear the broadcast for all of the on field choking that was occurring with the Golden Eagles.  Welcome to mediocrity. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ORU82 said:

It was hard to hear the broadcast for all of the on field choking that was occurring with the Golden Eagles.  Welcome to mediocrity. 

I would not blame the players for the latest debacle.  The couching staff has created a culture of entitlement where players on the field have no incentives to work harder, because they know they will be back in the lineup the next day no matter how poorly they  performed on the last game.  Players on the bench know they stand no chance no matter how hard they work.  When you are given a squad of 38 players, and you can only find value in 9-12, something must be terribly wrong.

11 hours ago, ORUEaglesFan said:

I would not blame the players for the latest debacle.  The couching staff has created a culture of entitlement where players on the field have no incentives to work harder, because they know they will be back in the lineup the next day no matter how poorly they  performed on the last game.  Players on the bench know they stand no chance no matter how hard they work.  When you are given a squad of 38 players, and you can only find value in 9-12, something must be terribly wrong.

The last games I saw, I didn't see any coaches fielding a ball or taking an at-bat, so the players do have a responsibility for the team's current predicament.  However, it is the coaches' responsibility to prepare the team for its opponents and the conditions they play in for winning the game(s).  I didn't see any adjustment to how our players were hitting this weekend to counter the 30+ mph winds.  We kept hitting them high and long (keeping held up in the wind) instead of on the ground or down the lines.  No small ball in the later innings when the score was 2-1.  They pitched slow and didn't ask for time in the box to change up the rhythm of the pitcher.  Those in-game adjustments need to happen and the players were not being coached to win in hopes that whatever they had done in the past would help them prevail.

After scoring nine runs in the first three innings of game 1, we went on to score four more runs over the next 24 innings.  For a team with seven players over .300 BA, that doesn't seem to be possible, but it is.  The team must pitch better, hit better and field better if we are going to be playing in June this year.  The next two weekends should help our confidence, but the rest of the month of May will require a LOT of focus by the coaches and players to be a successful season.  Our definition of a successful season should be to win the Summit League post season tournament and get ourselves into the regionals (probably Stillwater or Fayetteville unfortunately).  Exceeding our expectations should be to win two games in a regional (low-bar, I know).

• Upvote 1