Good series, Golden Eagles.

TigerFan

Please accept my sincere congratulations on having a fantastic baseball team and playing a great series against my Tigers this past weekend. We saw some great baseball played by both sides. While I'm obviously glad we eeked out the wins, I am genuinely saddened that your team could not advance. They are probably one of the best 2 teams we played all year.

Best wishes for next season, and for the rest of your athletic programs!

Thanks, TigerFan. It was our misfortune to be paired with the #1 seeded Clemson Tigers in the Super Regionals in baseball, and the #1 seeded Memphis Tigers in the first round of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

ORU Eli has a great idea - schedule more Tigers during the regular season to get us ready for post-season play!

I am with Tim..... a really heartbreaking weekend. We were so close - literally within a few outs - to advancing on to Omaha. This team was really special and fun to watch. They had a tremendous amount of mental toughness and heart. That is a tribute to them and the coaching staff. A lot of the guys will be returning, but we do lose a fair amount of our pitching. I suspect that Coach Walton has that figured out though.

Thanks for the great memories guys!

Two regrets -

1) I regret I will never get to observe the icy, ultra-calm demeanor of Sean Garrett on the mound for ORU again. What he did as a closer was truly an art form. Batter after batter would watch as strike after strike blew past them. If we had the lead in the final innings, you knew we would hold it till the end of the game. If we didn't, you knew we had a chance with our offense, because our defense would hold.

2) For Sean's sake, I regret the game winning grand slam in the first game of the super regional. For all of his successes, that is probably the memory he'll take with him of his final year of college baseball. But as a tribute to his character, look what he did the next night - back true to form. Three up, three down. Unfortunately, it was one batter too late to win the game. You KNOW the night before was on Walton's mind when he went to the mound to talk to Crichton before pitching to Stan Widmann, and deciding to leave Crichton in. Same situation, two outs, bases loaded. I believe that in most game situations Jarrett would have gotten the nod - and gotten us out of a very dangerous situation.

We'll probably be discussing that coaching decision for a long time to come!