Congratulations to the Univerity of Denver

92EagleFan Matt B

Congratulations to fellow conference member DU for their national championship in ice hockey. Denver has a long tradition in hockey as this is their 9th national championship in program history. It was definitely a fun game to watch.

Also, a pretty cool story about their head coach.

https://denverpioneers.com/news/2022/4/9/mens-ice-hockey-champions-denver-hockey-wins-ninth-ncaa-national-championship.aspx

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

It was a huge win for Denver - especially to defeat Michigan in the semis and match their 9 championships. Interesting to note that DU's head coach, David Carle, let the the prior years captain and a number of 5th year covid players go in order to bring in some younger players. I have seen other sports this past season when players in their fifth season actually under-performed. I think college kids have had enoiugh by the end of their fourth year and have 'heard it all'. I know I have over-valued several teams with returning players who experienced flat or down seasons.