Spring ‘22 ORU Baseball Scedule

Texasgrip

It is interesting that ORU has a weekend off in early April (between the 4/5 OU and 4/12 Missouri State games).  The Summit League calendar is showing a three-game series with ORU at Stephen F Austin for that weekend, but neither ORU's or SFA's internal schedule are reporting the matchup, so I assume that the Summit schedule is inaccurate.  Does anyone know why there is the discrepancy in the schedules and/or why ORU built in a mid-season break within their schedule?

ORU needs to schedule more games with ArK-Pine Bluff....need some wins.......:tb-white:

3 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

It is interesting that ORU has a weekend off in early April (between the 4/5 OU and 4/12 Missouri State games).  The Summit League calendar is showing a three-game series with ORU at Stephen F Austin for that weekend, but neither ORU's or SFA's internal schedule are reporting the matchup, so I assume that the Summit schedule is inaccurate.  Does anyone know why there is the discrepancy in the schedules and/or why ORU built in a mid-season break within their schedule?

I was told SFA backed out of this series due to a scheduling conflict on their end.  Had something to do with a new conference opponent they had failed to schedule.  This leaves us hanging and I'm sure our coaching staff is not happy.  From a scheduling standpoint, don't teams have "contracts" that keep them from backing out without serious consequences?