South Dakota State at ORU

Otis 83

Your Golden Eagles open up Summit League play with a 3 game series with SDSU.  The Bunnies come into JLJ with a 6-12 record and having played all of their games so far on the road (presumably because their campus is inside the Arctic Circle). Most of their wins are pretty uninspiring but they did steal one at Wichita St 4-2.  Most recently they built a little bit of momentum splitting a four game series at 10-11 Northwestern State where they also won their first series opener of the year. 

ORU sends Issac Coffey to the bump while the Bunnies starter is expected to be redshirt sophomore Nic McCay.  The righthander is 0-2 with a 6.26 ERA.  His longest outing of the year is 6 innings in a 2-5 loss at Wichita State.

It is time for the good guys to end the 4 game losing streak and begin their dominance of the Summit League.  I've got a $100 Chic-fil-A gift card for any student that brings a large "Beat the Bunnies" sign to the game and can get it shown on the ORUSN broadcast. 

Edited by Otis 83
corrected a homophone

Otis, my man!!...you are a good guy!  GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo::sdsu:

• Like 1

Walk-off win in the 14th!  SDSU used their best reliever extensively, who should now be unavailable for the rest of the series, so advantage to ORU in games two and three.  

Gave up 4 runs to the Jackrabbits in the 8th and had to go 14 for the win. Long night.

Hopefully can have an easier go tomorrow and Sunday for a sweep!

Good Guys did it the hard way. Quick turnaround today...Go Blue!! 😎

Complete domination in G2 agains SDSU. ORU puts up 6 in a big 3rd inning and goes on to win 13-1. 💪

G3 tomorrow afternoon...

• Like 1

Oh yeah!!...Bring out the brooms for Sunday!!🍺

Good guys still batting in the 1st. 4 runs across for a 4-0 lead.  
Out here with @OKC Eagle enjoying the beautiful Tulsa weather. Now that I’ve relocated back to Tulsa I expect this to be a regular occurrence!

BC7EE001-8EF2-41E4-8465-5722F5FDDB84.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman wishes he was in that pic...go blue!!!🍺😎🍺

Golden Eagles get the sweep outlasting the Jacks, 10-7......back end of the bullpen was able to hold the lead over the last few innings.....ORU now 15-9 with Arkansas-Pine Bluff up next at JLJ on Tuesday then Omaha comes in next weekend..... :shield-logo:

It was a fun game. Hoping we can start getting some more long balls - I expected at least a couple. That Oklahoma wind was a bit shifty today.