Ryan's Ball

dirtbag

For many this means absolutely nothing but let me tell you, my son is ecstatic about his first experience at the NCAA Regionals. Although the Hogs got beat, my son had a blast; we stayed till an hour after the last pitch Sunday night and then drove back to Claremore.

OK, as for the ball ! Ryan is my ten year old son who caught a foul ball during the ORU / ARK game on Friday evening. Ryan and I spent the entire weekend in the parking lot of Baum Stadium and just had a blast with all the tail-gaters. I want to send a personal Thank You to the coach and all the players of the ORU team for signing his Mid-Con Baseball just before their Championship game Sunday evening. He got 19 players to sign the ball and the H.C. was the first to sign. What a treat for such a young man.

He managed to get a ball from all four conferences represented in Fayetteville and would like to try to get a ball from the ACC if anyone can get one.

Thanks again to the entire ORU team for a great season and a game well-played Sunday evening. I'll tell you, we were both standing just outside the OSU bull-pen when the three run homer was hit and the OSU pitcher picked the ball up and threw it as hard as he could into the pond behind the green wall in center field; obviously he was very upset and I couldn't blame him; that was a very emotional time.

Thanks again !

Thanks for posting! I think a lot of us are hoping for some ACC related spoils. Maybe some one (Belvin?) might be able to help you out regarding the ball.

Planet of the Apes, hadn't seen that one in a long, long time ! Thanks for the comments. Sure was tough to see you guys come up short like you did; both games you did ORU very proud. Congratulations on an excellent season.