Dallas Baptist U. at ORU

theeagleman5

This is a huge series for ORU (12-5) and kicks off an 11 game homestand.....we don't play on the road again until the first week of April.....the Patriots are always tough and this year is no exception...they are 9-7 and coming off a tough loss at OSU last night.....2 of 3 would be a wonderful result for the Good Guys.  GO BLUE!!!   :tb-blue:

• Upvote 2

I agree Eagleman. This is a defining series for ORU. Let's take at least 2 out of 3 and show we can beat ranked teams as well as keep our momentum going! 

Absolutely! 4 wins over the next 5 games will be HUGE for this team's confidence and national recognition. Go get game 1 Eagles!  

Cold and windy today. I am kind of surprised that the game wasn’t moved to tomorrow since it’s supposed to be in the 70’s on Saturday and Sunday. 

Warning the batter for delay of game seems to be the shiny new toy of the home plate umpire.

The Golden Eagles are down 5-3 in the bottom of the 6th and we officially have an inconsistent strike zone.

Disappointing loss to open the series.  Let's hope we can take the next two.

• Upvote 1

Yeah...tough loss last night but a pretty good game....ORU needs to win today at JLJ......GO BLUE!   :shield-logo:

The comeback falls short but I'm proud of how the guys battled.

Unfortunately, over the last few years DBU seems to have our number...

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

The comeback falls short but I'm proud of how the guys battled.

The Eagles did battle today, but DBU held on. Went to the game today with my brother in law who's town, it was an absolutely perfect day at JLJ. Good crowd and I have to say I was very surprised at how many DBU fans were at the game! Hopefully, we can get one tomorrow and not get swept and have some momentum heading into Tuesday nights Oklahoma St. game.  

3 hours ago, ORU40 said:

The Eagles did battle today, but DBU held on. Went to the game today with my brother in law who's town, it was an absolutely perfect day at JLJ. Good crowd and I have to say I was very surprised at how many DBU fans were at the game! Hopefully, we can get one tomorrow and not get swept and have some momentum heading into Tuesday nights Oklahoma St. game.  

Tell Morgan I said hi

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Unfortunately, over the last few years DBU seems to have our number...

Ummmm we won 2 out of 3 last year.

Just now, Otis 83 said:

At their place

Our bats have been quieter than usual this weekend.  Going into the bottom of the 9th down 4-1.  The Patriots closer is looking for back to back saves.  Hopefully we can prevent him from doing that.

A real bummer of a weekend at JLJ.....TheEagleman was hoping for 2 wins and ORU really came up short....i was not able to catch any of the action but surely we need to get a win vs. OSU tomorrow night to ease the sting of a 3 game sweep. DBU is good but never a positive thing to get swept at home....and now Coach Folmar is something like 6-26 vs. the Patriots.....guess we need to try something different.....😬

On 3/19/2022 at 9:19 PM, Otis 83 said:

Otis:  Thanks-I stand corrected. I haven't looked but beyond that it seems like they've owned us, but maybe not. DBU certainly has a nice program.  Didn't they eliminate is from a regional a few years back?  

Go Big Blue.

Rob