ORU- Ole Miss

eagle88

This series will be a good test of where we are at. Ole Miss is ranked #4 in Baseball America and #2 in D1 Baseball .com. I am predicting we will win at least 1 game and am hoping 2-3! I really like this year's team and think they have a high ceiling.

• Upvote 1

Well....we did win a series at LSU in the recent past....If ORU can win one game at Oxford....TheEagleman will be a very happy camper.....two would be total nirvana......Image result for big lebowski photos

16-2???  YIKES!!....and still playing in the 8th....Coffey got rocked and he's our #1....OUCH!!....See the source image

Didn’t play poorly, just a rough day on the mound. Once Isaac gave up 7 runs in 4 innings, they went to the far end of the bullpen in relief, saving other arms for Saturday and Sunday. 

Ole Miss is everything you would think of the No. 2 team in the land. But did anyone see the freshman kid who came in in the later innings to play first base?  He’s the NOSEGUARD on their football team, all 6’4” and 310 pounds of him, and the kid can rake!  Hit a 400’ home run earlier this year; had an opposite-field single in the gap Friday. He’s been compared to Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas in terms of 2-sport versatility. Check him out:

• Like 1

That is a big dude...hoping ORU can be more competitive in the two remaining contests....unfortunately cold/winter weather has postponed Saturdays game and teams will play a DH on Sunday afternoon with a pair of 7 inning contests.....GO BLUE!!!:shield-logo:

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Didn’t play poorly, just a rough day on the mound. Once Isaac gave up 7 runs in 4 innings, they went to the far end of the bullpen in relief, saving other arms for Saturday and Sunday. 

Ole Miss is everything you would think of tbe No. 2 team in the land. But did anyone see the freshman kid who came in in the later innings to play first base?  He’s the NOSEGUARD on their football team, all 6’4” and 310 pounds of him, and tbe kid can rake!  Hit a 400’ home run earlier this year; had an opposite-field single in the gap Friday. He’s been compared to Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas in terms of 2-sport versatility. Check him out:

Oh my word. It looked like he barely swung the bat. 

So, maybe it's time to get Elijah Lufile into a baseball uniform and see what he's got!  🤔💪😀

Rob

• Haha 4

Todays first game has started and is available in ESPN+ with high quality video. Not a great start though. Good guys down 4-0 after 3. 

Golden Eagles battled to get within 2 in the 5th and had a chance to take the lead with bases loaded in the 6th.  Unfortunately the frame ended with a strike out after the Rebel pitcher benefited from two generous strike calls on the outside of the plate to get ahead of McMurray.  Ole Miss gets two insurance runs in the 6th and that's all she wrote.

We got off to a good start with a 4-0 lead in the top of the third but have allowed Ole Miss to tie it up with two home runs in the bottom of the frame.

Alex Jones jacks one in the top of the 4th to give the Golden Eagles the lead 5-4 with one out.

• Like 1

McCroskey with a 2 out, 2 RBI double in the top of the 6th.  Demeter adds another with a double to the gap in right center to score McCroskey and the Golden Eagles are up 8-4.

By and large I've been impressed with the broadcast crew but just heard some grumbling about some 50/50 calls that didn't go the Rebel pitcher's way.  I think Jake feels similarly after his at bat with the bases loaded in the first game.  Oh well.

Thank the Lord for ORU baseball and ESPN+.  It is putting me in a better mood.

• Like 1

Kowalski on the bump to end this thing.  Let's finish strong Golden Eagles!

Even though we only won one, we did hit well in each game. 

I'm really glad we got that last one!!

• Like 2

HUGE!  Ole Miss would likely have become the #1 team in the country when the new poll releases tomorrow if they had swept the DH.  This ORU team will have some ups and downs this season, but they have the “right stuff” to make some serious noise in May/June. 

• Upvote 1

Good to get one on the way out of Oxford. Looking forward to watching some good baseball this weekend against DBU.

Thanks for the reminder dave.  Usually I set up 3 tvs in my family room for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament but I will need a 4th screen so I can have the ORU/DBU games going too.