CBI or CIT???

ORUIllini

LOOKING AT THIS BRACKET MAKES ME WANT TO SUIT UP - AND I'M A FREAKING OLD.

"C'MON, MAX - I GOT YOUR SCREEN OUT TOP!!"

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOOKING AT THIS BRACKET MAKES ME WANT TO SUIT UP - AND I'M A FREAKING OLD.

"C'MON, MAX - I GOT YOUR SCREEN OUT TOP!!"

I’m in and I still have all of my eligibility. My resume includes a C league intramural championship and I was also the back up power forward on a church league 6 foot and under championship team.  I can flat out set a screen and get you some rebounds. All we need is an assumed identity for ORU40, who I suggest should be a player/coach,  and we are have a start to our roster. 

Just now, Otis 83 said:

I’m in and I still have all of my eligibility. My resume includes a C league intramural championship and I was also the back up power forward on a church league 6 foot and under championship team.  I can flat out set a screen and get you some rebounds. All we need is an assumed identity for ORU40, who I suggest should be a player/coach,  and we are have a start to our roster. 

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

This is going to bother me for awhile….if there were 5 players that voted to play in postseason, they should have played.

• Like 1

Think the Sooners weren't devastated to barely miss The Big Dance?

Yet somehow they're mustering up the energy to take the floor again.

Tempted to make the drive to support a state team that wants to go down fighting... #notgettingoverthisanytimesoon

Texas A&M was royally screwed by the committee in my opinion.  But somehow they are able to overcome that indignity and accept an NIT bid as well.  But somehow playing in the post season is beneath us?  After we crapped the bed to end the regular season and get schooled by the Bison in the SLT I didn't think this season could get anymore frustrating....yet somehow it has.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Basketball Classic, formerly the CIT, has yet to announce their field of 32….i’m wondering if they’re struggling to get teams to play????

6 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

The Basketball Classic, formerly the CIT, has yet to announce their field of 32….i’m wondering if they’re struggling to get teams to play????

Their website says they were waiting for the NIT field to be finalized, but that's now set, so I would expect something by tomorrow morning. 

But if not, then...yeah:  sounds like they got a problem!

39 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Their website says they were waiting for the NIT field to be finalized, but that's now set, so I would expect something by tomorrow morning. 

But if not, then...yeah:  sounds like they got a problem!

Did I miss something? I thought NDSU would be playing in one of these!

At the end of the day teams just are not very excited about the CIT tournament. Maybe a few die hard fans are but who else? Are you going to tell recurits: hey we made the CIT this year. What? They do not care.

ORU basketball 🏀 is still trending up with or without the CIT. Coach now needs to try and keep a core group on campus next year and add a few transfers, then go from there.

I equate choosing not to play when you are 19 win team with one of the best players in the country to opting out of bowl games. 

You play your heart out but ultimately didn’t get where you wanted so when another opportunity is presented to you, you just quit? That makes no sense at all. 

18 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

At the end of the day teams just are not very excited about the CIT tournament. Maybe a few die hard fans are but who else? Are you going to tell recurits: hey we made the CIT this year. What? They do not care.

ORU basketball 🏀 is still trending up with or without the CIT. Coach now needs to try and keep a core group on campus next year and add a few transfers, then go from there.

There is no more CIT!!

As mentioned before, the last College Insider Tournament (CIT) was played in 2019, featuring all low-to-mid-majors. Not played in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID restrictions.

Now CollegeInsider.com is trying to launch A WHOLE NEW TOURNAMENT called The Basketball Classic, which is supposed to have 32 teams from any D1 conference. 

Remains to be seen, however, if they can field enough teams. Seems odd that the CBI filled their bracket before the new CBC did/has…

The Wikipedia page for The Basketball Classic currently lists 10 teams signed up (with links to the announcements for each). It also says that all games will be on ESPN+, and they're supposed to start tomorrow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_The_Basketball_Classic

I think they'll get the teams; I just wish ORU were one of them. 

So in the end we know that SDSU with a 30-4 record gets a 13th seed in the Big Dance and it appears no other Summit League team, including runner-up NDSU with a 23-10 record, gets a bid to anything, including the NIT?  WOW! smh

• Like 1

I am not bothered at all. The NIT would be kind of neat I guess. But the CBI / CIT have always seemed like cash grabs by their tournament organizers from desperate coaches (e.g. Doug Wojcik) trying to hit 20 wins. Never looked into these tournaments much because I think offering everyone a chance to play in a 'playoff' is a bit ridiculous. The NCAA / NIT are already big enough.

We don't deserve a playoff spot this year. Hoping for better results next year!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Western Illinois is in the College Basketball Classic against UTEP tomorrow night. They are building a program with a fairly new coach, so a chance like this is good for them.

According to the wiki page, this tournament is even taking teams with losing records: Maryland Eastern Shore is 11-15.

According to Wikipedia, here are the teams that declined invitations to the CBI and TBC

CBI: Bellarmine

TBC: Arkansas State, Liberty, Weber State, Samford, Oakland, Sam Houston State, Utah Valley.

I realize that the information on Wikipedia is not always spot-on. Was ORU officially invited to either of these two tournaments? I apologize if someone already confirmed this on our forum, but I didn't see any such confirmation.