CBI or CIT???

ORUIllini

TBC Western Illinois game versus UTEP for Tuesday night, postponed….

we’ll see if postponed turns into cancelled…

Western Illinois has three players in the transfer portal… did that have anything to do with it?

On 3/14/2022 at 4:10 PM, Dave Connor said:

According to Wikipedia, here are the teams that declined invitations to the CBI and TBC

CBI: Bellarmine

TBC: Arkansas State, Liberty, Weber State, Samford, Oakland, Sam Houston State, Utah Valley.

I realize that the information on Wikipedia is not always spot-on. Was ORU officially invited to either of these two tournaments? I apologize if someone already confirmed this on our forum, but I didn't see any such confirmation.

A big-time donor texted, then called tonight, wondering why the team was not playing in the CBI, after he had been told by the proverbial "powers-that-be" that they would be... 😬

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

A big-time donor texted, then called tonight, wondering why the team was not playing in the CBI, after he had been told by the proverbial "powers-that-be" that they would be... 😬

That's not good

After watching all those mediocre teams play in the NIT last night.....it's head scratching that a 19-12 team wouldn't want to be involved in post season play.....something is rotten in Denmark and at 7777 So. Lewis Ave......🙄

58 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

After watching all those mediocre teams play in the NIT last night.....it's head scratching that a 19-12 team wouldn't want to be involved in post season play.....something is rotten in Denmark and at 7777 So. Lewis Ave......🙄

Just now figuring that out? 

Think about this, outside of SDSU (30-4) in the Big Dance, only WIU (16-15) is playing in any post-season tourney in The Basketball Classic.  No other Summit League teams including NDSU (23-10), UMKC (19-12), ORU (19-12) and USD (19-12) are playing in any post-season tournament including the NIT, CBI or The Basketball Classic.  Apparently we are not the only Summit League team who either did not get an invite or simply passed on playing in any post-season tournament.  Three other Summit League teams including NDSU, UMKC and USD had won/loss records at least as good as us if not better.

That's a really good point, 82.....TheEagleman would sure would like to hear somebody tell the truth about why four decent Summit Teams all passed on Post Season play.....while Alcorn State  has no problem with it.....See the source image

The Western Illinois vs UTEP was postponed due to Western Illinois' travel issues. It's re-scheduled for 3:00 PM on March 19.

Makes sense. Coach Mills's philosophy is to involve the players which some fans will like others will not. I personally like the fact that Mills listens  to his players and gives them a voice. I predict if they had a NIT invite the players would have been all in. 

• Upvote 3

Bummed for us, the fans, that we didn't accept the invite. But it makes total sense - can't blame the players or coaching staff at all.

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman listened to that clip....appreciate Coach Mills and his honesty....but geez....we need some new players......🤢

Couldn't disagree more with some of the assessments of Coach Mills statement.

Whatever happened to traits such as commitment?  Loyalty?  Duty?  Sacrifice?

Shouldn't 18-to-22-year-olds be reminded of their obligations when making decisions that affect so many others?

Let me put it another way:  using Coach Mills analogy, guess who the ORU fans, alumni, faculty, and students are:

Grandma... 🧑‍🦳

Guerin Emig mailbag-01.jpg