Ranked #19 in Baseball America

Bogus Smith

We've gone all year without being ranked and now after winning the Regional in Fayetteville, Baseball America ranks the Golden Eagles #19!!

Great Job to Rob Walton and the gang for persevering over the entire year. The job is still not done, but at least they are starting to get some recognition for plugging away, day-in and day-out!

GO EAGLES!!

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/co ... 61630.html

Texas and Nebraska should have dropped farther. They were playing as the #1 seed at home and lost. Especially Nebraska going 0-2

We've gone all year without being ranked and now after winning the Regional in Fayetteville, Baseball America ranks the Golden Eagles #19!!

Great Job to Rob Walton and the gang for persevering over the entire year. The job is still not done, but at least they are starting to get some recognition for plugging away, day-in and day-out!

GO EAGLES!!

Well dang, I thought for sure we would be at a minimum of 16.

This just goes to show that rankings mean absolutely nothing.

This would be a good time to talk to the Valley!!! This would be a great fit for ORU. We are better than Eville and Indiana State for sure!!! Even if it is my home state (Indiana) ; we need to get out of the Mid Con. That's my take. Lobby hard Mr. Carter!! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Even with the loss to Clemson, ORU went up in the polls.  We went up to #17 in the Baseball America poll and #14 in the College Baseball Writers poll, both up 2 spots.  The other polls aren't updating until after the CWS. 

If Clemson does well in the World Series, I would expect us to move up in to the Top 15 in all of the polls when it is all said and done.  Hopefully Belvin can tell us for sure, but I've got to believe that this is our highest end of the year ranking since 1978 when we must have been 7th or 8th.

That just increases the frustration that we weren't able to win at least one game at Clemson.  I believe that we could have finished ranked even higher.  I think that we could have played with and beaten MANY of the teams in the Super Regionals - but such were the cards we were dealt. 

I'm already pumped up about next year.  And I've heard friends talking about buying boxes next year that were marginally involved in the past.  The amazing success of this team will hopefully be a boon for ORU baseball and put a lot more people in seats next season.