Another Question About Sunday Game

ttowncount

What insight can those seeing the game on TV share with those of us who were at the game regarding the controversial call at second base on an attempted double play. It was the inning where OSU had already scored their two runs and seemed to be going for more. Player going for second was called out, and runner going for first was safe. Then another umpire called the guy at second out for interference -- or that's the best we could understand from where we were. The OSU coach protested at second base for a LONG time.

How did it look on TV? Did they re-play it enough that you could see what was called? And how did the commentators handle it?

Posted this in another topic, but I will post it here as well:

Well the controversial play at second was replayed about 20 times throughout the game. Basically what happened was the guy was slideing into second and he came a little wide but he did slide towards the bag so no real problem there. The only thing that could be construed as interference is that he threw his right arm up into the air while he was sliding into second which was right in the way of a throw to first. The announcers disagreed with umpires call. What the OSU guy did was probably interference (by the rulebook), but it is so seldomly called that it was controversial. If it had happened to ORU i'm sure that I would be mad as well, but hey its nice to see ORU get a break.

Also, did anyone else notice that the announcer kept saying Oral Roberts like he was saying Earl Roberts. Started to get a little annoying, but I think cox sports did a good job of covering the game even if they can't get the channels right.