Fayetteville Regional Message Board Roundup

vcboy2000

After a big ORU win against a opponent we don't usually play, I always like to read what their fans predict before the game. It really makes for a great laugh so I thought I'd share it wth you all over here. Let's start with the Hogs.

From Hogville.net

Thread: "Hello from a Golden Eagle Fan"

Fresh Legs: I'd rather be the #1 seed and play Princeton. I hope you guys lose by 10 runs! Hafe a safe trip though!

Hog Caller: i wish them all errors and strikeouts and fly balls other than that i hope they enjoys the games.

go Hogs.

SupaCrawf: Good luck in the losers bracket, I hope when we send Okie State there, you go ahead and finish them off. (Not really, I kinda like the Cowpokes, 'cept when they are playing the HOGS)

Thread: "Best College Baseball Team = Oral Roberts"

Boss Hogg: "I was in Tulsa last night and the 10:00 sportscast started out with something that went a little like this...

If you're looking for the best baseball team in the nation, you won't have to look that far. ORU is arguably the best (or one of the best) team in the nation right now, with wins over Oklahoma St, Arkansas, Wichita St and Tulane this season. The Golden Eagles continued their run to the CWS tonight with a win in the tournament.

Do these homers not have a CLUE??? Do they not realize the top teir teams don't play their ace on week day non-conference games?? And this guy was dead serious...I could barely stop laughing.

I'm glad it's gonna be the Hogs who knock ORU out of the Regionals."

Weren't those incredibly funny? These are just a few of many post before the game. After their initial loss, they were still saying how they would be playing OSU in the final. I have to say that there were several posters that had nothing but complimentary things to say about ORU. I'll be back with another post from the OSU board.

Ok, I think they went back and deleted all the embarassing post they said about ORU after getting their tales whipped, but here are the few that were left on OKstate.com

Thread: ORU Holding Their ACE

Cowboy_dirk: "While ORU is a good ball club and has a good ace, they haven't faced Brae Wright yet. I have a feeling that their bats wouldn't get going as much against Brae as it does against our midweek guys."

Thread: Cowboy vs ORU updates.

HogNuts: Whoever shows up (osu vs ark.) will play monday. We do have a tendency to not show up at times.

What do you expect from the Arky's?

I mean, their state bird is the chicken and their state song is the theme from "O Brother Where Art Thou".

I'm just sorry I didn't get to Piggyville until saturday afternoon. Watching us whip Okie St. was nice, but missing the looks on their faces friday night would have been awesome!

I wonder if the original posters of the messages go back and erase it themselves so they don't look stupid or if the moderator erases them. Shame that they erased them though I was looking forward to reading some more of them.