ORU-OSU Postgame Quotes

TrueBlue82

Quotes from ncaasports.com

Oral Roberts 5, Oklahoma State 4: Postgame Quotes

June 3, 2006

Oklahoma State Head Coach Frank Anderson:

"I thought we played very hard tonight and it was a tough loss. I thought we pitched well for the most part. We could have executed better on some plays. Ashman is a good pitcher and he comes after you.

"He (ORU first baseman Chad Rothford) is a big kid and he will run you out of the yard. He did that to us tonight. "We have to put this game behind us and get ready for tomorrow. We will be facing a good pitcher. We will regroup and go out there and lay it out on the line."

Oklahoma State Pitcher Brae Wright:

"Rothford came up with some big hits off of me tonight. He basically beat me all night. He was a big difference in the game. I came out and did my game plan, and I thought I had some good pitches. I made some mistakes and left a few high and he hit hard off of them."

Oklahoma State DH Adam Carr:

"I felt fortunate to get back in the lineup today. I thought I helped my team out, but it was a dissapointing outcome. I have struggled this season but I was glad I was able to help tonight. It felt good to be back, and I hope I can do it again tomorrow and we can get a win."

Oral Roberts Head Coach Rob Walton:

"Our guys have shown great resilience in these past couple of games to pull out the win. We have shown tremendous character and I am really proud of this team.

"I told the guys that this was our most important game because of our pitching situation. We will see what happens tomorrow in the afternoon game and determine who we want to throw against the winner tomorrow night.

"I wanted to make sure Sean (Jarrett) had good enough stuff to come out and pitch again after throwing last night. He is the guy we have gone to all year and if we were to lose I wanted to do so with our best guy."

Oral Roberts Pitcher Chris Ashman:

"It obviously was not my best effort. I was missing up high with my pitches and against a team like this that is not a good idea because they make you pay. Fortunately we were able to overcome that and pull out the win."

Oral Roberts First Baseman Chad Rothford:

"Coming off a one-for-six night, I talked with our hitting coach before the game and we changed my approach a little at the plate from the right side. I felt better and saw the ball better and was fortunate to have runners on base when I hit the ball."