ORU, Finals bound!!!!!!!!!!

ORU-sisko

Wow, an amazing game, me and a bunch or RA's, two from the baseball floor sat around and watched a historical performance by switch hitting Chad the monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest EagleBackr

You know, I can't help but second-guess OSU's Anderson for bringing in a right-handed reliever to face Chad, thus turning him around to the left side. His right-handed homer earlier in the game notwithstanding, Chad is FAR more effective batting left-handed, and you would think OSU would have known that from their scouting reports.

Great win for the Golden Eagles! I don't know if there has EVER been a more resilient team - in any sport - in ORU athletics history. These guys simply REFUSE to get rattled...

You know, I can't help but second-guess OSU's Anderson for bringing in a right-handed reliever to face Chad, thus turning him around to the left side. His right-handed homer earlier in the game notwithstanding, Chad is FAR more effective batting left-handed, and you would think OSU would have known that from their scouting report.

EB, we were asking ourselves the same thing in the stands when Anderson waved his right hand as he walked to the mound. We were so giddy, we could hardly stand ourselves.

Another great win by the Eagles. They will not die!! I was surprised that we did not stay with Crigton (sp?) in the 9th and that we went with Jarrett to close out the game. There were some in the stands (names will go unnamed) that stated that he was not ready to go tonight, but I'm sure with the game on the line and when asked if he could go, Jarrett did not want to say no (I know that I probably would want to play). In any event, Rothford and Jarrett are studs and definitely played MVP roles.

It will definitely be difficult for either OSU or UA to defeat us twice; however, I hope we take care of business tomorrow night (because I can't come back Monday night to watch the game) :( I still hope that more of you will make the trip tomorrow night to see our Eagles through to victory.

A truly great performance by the Eagles. I'm very proud of this team. They never quit, they never get down. It will be a great accomplishment if they can hold on and win this regional.

I was thinking about the 21-2 win over Western Illinois while ORU battled OSU tonight. What a contrast between that game and tonight's game.

Bogus, thanks for letting us hear the crowd live on your cell phone! We will try to be up there for tomorrow night's game.

I'm going and I'm taking as many of my guys as I can, it might just be a car load though... We wanted to go tonight, but several of us worked and stuff, just didn't work out, but we're geeked to come out and make some noise!!! :D

Bogus, we couldn't hear your phone all the way from Capetown, but I can tell you there are four very happy Eagle fans in South Africa today. Man do I want to be at that game today. Maybe we can catch some of it on the internet tonight.

I remember Chad's monster homerun in Driller park earlier this year, and then the over-blown reaction of Anderson to Chad's dive for home plate when the OSU catcher was just stood in front of it straight-legged with a 250 lb locomotive charging him. I guess the OSU coach thought Chad was supposed to ask permission or something. Then Anderson had the pitcher plunk him the next time he batted. I think it is pure justice that Chad was the man Saturday. I bet they don't intentionally dust him again (should OSU make the championship round).

Thanks for the game comments.

Go Eagles. Make some noise for us!

Guest EagleBackr
I remember Chad's monster homerun in Driller park earlier this year, and then the over-blown reaction of Anderson to Chad's dive for home plate when the OSU catcher was just stood in front of it straight-legged with a 250 lb locomotive charging him. I guess the OSU coach thought Chad was supposed to ask permission or something. Then Anderson had the pitcher plunk him the next time he batted. I think it is pure justice that Chad was the man Saturday. I bet they don't intentionally dust him again (should OSU make the championship round).

The Rothford-OSU soap opera has added a great side story to the ORU-OSU games this season. I think Chad's reaction to getting plunked at Driller Stadium - or more precisely his LACK of a reaction - has earned him some serious respect points with the OSU side. Getting beaned in retaliation for a supposed offense, and how one deals with that, is a part of baseball. Chad took it like a man and has been raking against OSU ever since. And to their credit, they keep pitching to him! It was pretty obvious in the post-game comments from OSU coach Anderson and pitcher Wright that they have a ton of respect for what Chad has done/is doing against them this year. The funny thing is, the way baseball is, Chad will probably play summer ball this year with some of those same OSU guys, and maybe even for some of their coaches, and they'll have a big time reliving all these games - and their highlights - again and again...

Great take on it EB. Yes Chad just layed the bat down and went to first, and waited for another moment in which to show his stuff. There have been several of them for him, and he has indeed.

Nice recall of the Drillers Stadium game, tbone. You're exactly right about OSU's respect for Chad and how he handle "the plunk". A lot of that credit can probably go to his dad, a former pro ball player himself, who has helped his son understand how the game is played (and he is as big as his son).

I've been having some interesting discussions with Rebel Ridling's (OSU's 1st baseman) dad in the hotel we're staying at the last couple of days. Supposedly, we were recruiting Rebel for 1st base heavily prior to going after Chad. Both are now starting first basemen on their respective teams (e.g., they're both quality recruits). Yesterday morning, we had talked about Chad and his being stronger on the left side of the plate. When the right hander came out of the bullpen last night, Rebel's dad remembered the morning discussion and reminded me this morning when I saw him about wondering why Frank would bring in a right hander when he also had a left hander warming up in the pen. Again, it might come down to respect for Chad (or their lack thereof). It should make for some really good discussions during summer ball.

BTW, it's currently raining in Springdale/Fayetteville, but the rain should be done by the 2:00 game time for the elimination game. You might watch the Weather Channel if you're traveling over here just to be sure that things are on track.

Another Michael Barrett in the making, eh?

Seriously, mucho congratulations to ORU for winning the regional finally. Super-Regional games are on TV here in St. Louis on ESPN and ESPN2, but I don't know if I'll get to see ORU on any of those.

BTW, I assume you guys know you made Sportscenter's Top 10 plays a couple nights ago.

I didn't know we made Sportscenter.... I assume it was Rothford's double against OSU. Wonder if we could capture it somehow?

I didn't know we made Sportscenter.... I assume it was Rothford's double against OSU. Wonder if we could capture it somehow?

It was actually the OSU right fielder falling flat on his back while catching an ORU fly ball. It was a nice play on the part of OSU's right fielder and took a lot of focus on his part to make the catch. It was #3 in the Top 10 for Saturday night.

It was actually the OSU right fielder falling flat on his back while catching an ORU fly ball. It was a nice play on the part of OSU's right fielder and took a lot of focus on his part to make the catch. It was #3 in the Top 10 for Saturday night.

Oh :oops: I guess I couldn't tell, and the voice over made it sound like it was the ORU RFer making the catch. Sorry :wink: