ORU vs. NCAA field

TrueBlue82

The ORU website states that the Eagles are 8-9 against the tourney field, but it should be 9-10, as Texas-Arlington pulled an upset in the Southland and was assigned to the Austin regional - and the Eagles split a series with the Mavericks.

Amazingly, as we review the season, the Eagles played 16 consecutive games against tourney teams! Every team ORU played from March 10 to April 12 is going dancing. Although many of us (myself included) were pretty disappointed in our results over that month-long period, we now understand that a 7-9 record in those 16 games wasn't all bad.

ORU's record against the field is 10-10 (they went 2-1 vs UTA) ... but after starting off 2-9 in those games, they've won eight of the last nine. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the correction - I missed the UTA game in the Midland tournament. 10-10 is a decent record against tourney foes, probably one of our best seasonal marks. I would also bet that we have never played more than 20 games in a season against eventual tourney teams - almost 40% of our games. I would say we are "battle-tested" this year!

Did you notice how ESPN and many of the press services list our record as 39-14, giving us an extra win? We all know that we won't be 39-14 until late Friday night!

Did you notice how ESPN and many of the press services list our record as 39-14, giving us an extra win? We all know that we won't be 39-14 until late Friday night!

Hmmm. Smack talk at its finest. :D