Fayettville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORU-sisko

1...OSU

4...Princeton

2...Arkansas

3...ORU

Thats the correct numbers.

Guest EagleBackr

Props to Rob Walton & Co. for the #3 Seed - ORU has obviously made an impression on the national scene with their strong showings in recent regionals...

Bold Predictions:

? The winner of the ORU-Arkansas first-round game will win the Fayetteville regional.

? Wichita State will embarrass OU once again, and will play Houston for the Norman regional title.

? San Francisco will meet - and maybe even beat - Nebraska in the finals of the Lincoln regional.

WHAT A GREAT REGIONAL IN FAYETTEVILLE! Should be a classic...

Would there be enough interest in getting a bus trip together for Friday's game? Sure sounds fun!!!

i'm down, i don't want to have to rent a car to go out there, (if a bus is going, i'll sign up for sure.)

Guest EagleBackr
Would there be enough interest in getting a bus trip together for Friday's game? Sure sounds fun!!!

PROBLEMS WITH CHARTERING A BUS:

? 72-hour turnaround to sell 50+ seats on the bus

? tickets will be scarce - if not impossible

? lodging will be even scarcer (is that a word?), 'cause ORU is going to be playing clear through Sunday!!

? easy drive for most folks - it ain't exactly like 3 hours to Springfield or 5 hours to Dallas...

If Clemson is the National #1 seed, it would appear that Oklahoma State is the final #1 seed (or #16 overall) and Arkansas is #17. This would place ORU as the final #3 seed (#48 overall) and Princeton as the top #4 seed (#49 overall). I'm sure that regional location had more to do with the pairings than seeding alone, but it looks like we barely squeezed in as a #3 seed.

While Fayetteville is a great location for Tulsa fans, it is curious why Arkansas gained the right to host over Stillwater. It is also unfortunate that ORU is the only #3 seed in the tourney having to play a #2 host. We might have been better off as the #4 seed playing the Cowboys!

I'd much rather have the Eagles playing in Norman or Houston, but hey - I'm just glad to still be playing! Maybe we'll make a return trip to Clemson this year!

Guest EagleBackr
If Clemson is the National #1 seed, it would appear that Oklahoma State is the final #1 seed (or #16 overall) and Arkansas is #17. This would place ORU as the final #3 seed (#48 overall) and Princeton as the top #4 seed (#49 overall). I'm sure that regional location had more to do with the pairings than seeding alone, but it looks like we barely squeezed in as a #3 seed.

While Fayetteville is a great location for Tulsa fans, it is curious why Arkansas gained the right to host over Stillwater. It is also unfortunate that ORU is the only #3 seed in the tourney having to play a #2 host. We might have been better off as the #4 seed playing the Cowboys!

I'd much rather have the Eagles playing in Norman or Houston, but hey - I'm just glad to still be playing! Maybe we'll make a return trip to Clemson this year!

Not sure the committee plays the "weakest #1 plays the strongest #2, weakest #3 plays the strongest #4" game. I think they decided that 15 of the strongest 16 teams would be good hosts financially, and one borderline #1/#2 had a great facility with great fan support (Arkansas), so they sent the CLOSEST BEST team there as a #1 (OSU). After that, I think it's mainly political, or geographic, or something else (see paragraph below) that determines where 2's, 3's and 4's go. How else can you explain why Princeton would be considered the "best #4" with a 19-24-1 record, over the likes of #4's such as CWS regular Maine (35-20-1), TCU (38-21), Missouri (31-25) Jacksonville State (35-22), or Stetson (38-22)?

According to this morning's Tulsa World, one of the deciding factors (if not THE deciding factor) in choosing Norman over Stillwater for a regional site was availability of hotel rooms. Presumably, the same criteria may have applied in choosing Fayetteville as the ONLY #2 to host a regional - the business boom along the Highway 71 corridor in NW Arkansas has resulted in a TON of nice hotels in and around the area. Stillwater may not EVER get to host until they rectify the lodging issue...

Agreed, EB - I think we were sent to Fayetteville primarily based upon location rather than seeding. However, the primary advantage of a #3 seed vs. a #4 is not having to face a home team in the first round (as the vast majority of hosts are #1 seeds). We talked so much about hoping for a #3 seed, but unfortunately, this feels alot like a #4 seed. We can't even win a true #3 seed when we earn it!

Guest EagleBackr
Agreed, EB - I think we were sent to Fayetteville primarily based upon location rather than seeding. However, the primary advantage of a #3 seed vs. a #4 is not having to face a home team in the first round (as the vast majority of hosts are #1 seeds). We talked so much about hoping for a #3 seed, but unfortunately, this feels alot like a #4 seed. We can't even win a true #3 seed when we earn it!

...and if we DO manage to win our first regional since 1978, what's our reward? If that side of the bracket holds to form, a return trip to Clemson, SC for a best-of-three date with the national #1 seed Tigers. Ah, the power of the Mid-Con - the proverbial red-headed stepchild... :(

I think it's a great draw. Close to home, with no dominant team. How many 3 seeds do you think are 3-0 on the season against the top 2 seeds in their regional?

BUT!!! Being 3-0 vs our region means we have their complete and full attention! Our boys will not get a tired (both physically and emotionally) OSU team like we did last game, and our other two games vs those teams were the first time we played them this year, perhaps we weren't given the proper respect that our team deserved in those games. The thing is, our boys will have to play their best against two regional teams that we've MORE than ticked off this year... I'm still excited about our chances though :D

I don't think anyone in the regional will overlook ORU now and they will bring their best against us, but if our starting pitching can hold up and our bats can start flying like they can and have in the previous games during the winning streak. W should have a chance against anyone in thisegional...we just need to have the lead when they bring sean jarrett in..he's a strikeout machine!