ORU at Central Arkansas

ORUTerry

I don’t recall another game where Max only played 24 minutes.  I do remember the Bears beating our brains out in the first half, Max couldn’t get ANYTHING to fall.  We made it close in the end thanks to Isaac catching fire but didn’t realize Max sat out almost half of the game. He was ice cold but I have to wonder if he might have also been injured (why else would he sit out so long?) ….It was maybe the worst half we’ve had in many years-against a really bad team to boot.

Rob

• Like 1

That was a very strange week:  two nights before in Tulsa, neither Max nor Francis played a single minute vs. Haskell. 

In keeping with this coaching staff's secrecy when it comes to player fitness, I don't recall anything being said before or after as to why, but I do seem to remember that both were suited up and on the bench the entire game.

So, obviously something was amiss with at least Max (and likely both players) which 48 hours later became painfully obvious as Max struggled through the UCA game.

He bounced back quickly though; turning in stellar performances to close out the month at home vs. OSU and Tulsa before suffering his season-lasting leg injury on a dirty no-call foul against the Golden Hurlicane (not a typo).

20 hours ago, eagle88 said:

Lol! I had forgotten i'd said that. In the unlikely event UCA beats us again this year Max may have to apply for a hardship year of some kind!

While I don't think that there is any chance that he would take a fifth year, Max hasn't yet taken advantage of the "free COVID year", so he would still have an additional year of eligibility after this season. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

While I don't think that there is any chance that he would take a fifth year, Max hasn't yet taken advantage of the "free COVID year", so he would still have an additional year of eligibility after this season. 

I would be willing to bet money that if Max DID return for a 5th season of college basketball, it would be for a P5 program with his ORU bachelor's degree in hand.

And, I wouldn't blame him one bit - he's more than paid his dues at the mid-major level.

But, it would be just like him to return to ORU yet again; where every single career-scoring, 3-point, and minutes-played record would likely be obliterated.

• Like 3

TheEagleman could live with that....😎