Shame on Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt.....

theeagleman5

TheEagleman can't let this day go by without commenting on the pending execution tomorrow of Julius Jones in McAlester, OK prison.....now, I can't say for sure if Julius in innocent but all indications are that he very well could be and there is surely REASONABLE DOUBT as to whether he committed the 1999 murder that he has been convicted of.....yet, the State of Oklahoma prepares to go thru with the lethal injection of a possibly innocent man....Gov. Kevin Stitt has chosen to ignore the recommendation of the OKLA Pardon and Parole Board who has voted 3-1 twice in the past 2 months to commute the sentence to Life in Prison w/possibility of parole.  Sorry but it's cowardly of Gov. Stitt not even to comment on this....shame on him....TheEagleman won't get into all the details of this case but I have read lots of articles and stories on this murder and while I guess it's possible that Jones is lying and committed the murder there is surely more evidence that indicates he may not even have been at the scene of the crime and was set up by the actual killer who was the primary witness for the State of Oklahoma....at least postpone this execution and revisit the evidence in this case....there appears to be a lot of racism involved with regards to OKC police and the District Attorney..... TheEagleman feels sorry for the family of the victim who are being dragged thru this again but i am sure they want to see the right man brought to justice....anyway, I have been following this case close for a few years and am appalled that this execution will proceed tomorrow morning....and we won't even get into the discussion about how the State of Oklahoma pretty much tortures their victims with the lethal injection process.....I am not against the death penalty when used properly to punish a remorseless killer who is 110% guilty....but this is NOT the case here....we don't know for sure who killed the poor victim in front of his family and in fact Julius Jones may not have been involved at all....praying tonight for the families of all involved and that the State of Oklahoma will call off this barbaric event scheduled for tomorrow....let's make sure we get it right before we execute Julius Jones.....it can't be taken back once the man is dead.....will we execute another black man in this country who was not convicted by a jury of his peers?....there were 12 white people on that jury and they never heard all the evidence due to incompetence of the defense attorneys.....God Bless Julius Jones no matter what happens!  😪

• Like 1

I did not read the trial transcripts so I can not judge.  There are two sides to the debate, but there are certainly a lot of people who joined the bandwagon. 

Praise the Lord that Gov. Stitt finally granted clemency for Julius and has reduced his sentence to Life w/o parole.  This is the right thing to do under the circumstances.....now it's up to his attorneys to get a new trial... TheEagleman can't say whether or not the man is guilty of murder but there is surely enough reasonable doubt to eliminate the death penalty and let the legal system play it out.  Thankfully, Julius will live to fight on....and praying for the family of the victim Mr. Howell that they will have peace during this difficult time.....👍