Jump to content
ORU Sports

In-Season Polls and Rankings


Old Titan
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/18/2022 at 11:57 AM, Old Titan said:

Coach Mills was all over it, retweeting it with comments:

 

to quote paul harvey......and now, the rest of the story.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leave it to Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World:  real objective, defending/promoting TU while trying to embarrass ORU at the same time.

I would say something about it on her Twitter account, but she blocked me about a decade ago when I called her out on similar homer takes. 

She ought to be on TU's payroll... 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I would say something about it on her Twitter account, but she blocked me about a decade ago when I called her out on similar homer takes. 

She ought to be on TU's payroll... 🙄

Haha that's funny. They hate her for some reason. I think they just hate everybody. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

to quote paul harvey......and now, the rest of the story.....

 

actually.png

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelly Hines.....she sure sounds like typical Tulsa World....not much has changed in the past 50 years......🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 1:18 PM, Old Titan said:

Leave it to Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World:  real objective, defending/promoting TU while trying to embarrass ORU at the same time.

I would say something about it on her Twitter account, but she blocked me about a decade ago when I called her out on similar homer takes. 

She ought to be on TU's payroll... 🙄

you might be on to something....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 1:18 PM, Old Titan said:

I would say something about it on her Twitter account, but she blocked me about a decade ago when I called her out on similar homer takes. 

I thought it had something to do with her shoe obsession. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let the dogs keep barking while the Titan train keeps rolling! Just Win!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Let the dogs keep barking while the Titan train keeps rolling! Just Win!

T-I-T-A-N-S TITANS! -CLAP- -CLAP-

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 8:08 AM, Otis 83 said:

I thought it had something to do with her shoe obsession. 

Bingo.  That was the last straw for her after a couple of other run-ins.

I think that warrants a decade-long ban, don't you? 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 8:10 PM, ORUalum said:

you might be on to something....

 

ORU attendance on Saturday vs NDSU - 4233

TU's Sunday attendance against a Memphis team that has been among the most talked about teams in the country - 3524

Maybe more of an indication of the current state of TU basketball, but I prefer to think that we are just a more appealing entertainment venue. Thankful that ORU basketball is drawing crowds like this again. These games are so much more fun with a full arena and hundreds of fans to join in booing sorry refs. Props to the ticket sales group for capitalizing on last year's success.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on this video, it sure looks like there was an awful lot of absent season ticket holders included in that attendance total for TU.

Also based on this video, it sure looks like there was an awful lot of time on the clock for TU to at least get a shot off... 🤪

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

ORU attendance on Saturday vs NDSU - 4233

TU's Sunday attendance against a Memphis team that has been among the most talked about teams in the country - 3524

Maybe more of an indication of the current state of TU basketball, but I prefer to think that we are just a more appealing entertainment venue. Thankful that ORU basketball is drawing crowds like this again. These games are so much more fun with a full arena and hundreds of fans to join in booing sorry refs. Props to the ticket sales group for capitalizing on last year's success.

The students have also more than held up their end of the bargain!! The student section has been fantastic!!! It's great to see!

Go Eagles!!

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

The students have also more than held up their end of the bargain!! The student section has been fantastic!!! It's great to see!

Go Eagles!!

  

I agree - it is wonderful to see the student section so engaged and excited at every game.  With the previous reports on this board that the Sweet Sixteen run fueled a significant increase in student applications and enrollment this year, it stands to reason that a larger percentage of the current student body is interested in supporting the basketball program than in previous years, especially in the freshman class.  If this is the case, we could see this level of excitement and support extend for a few more years. 👏  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

ORU attendance on Saturday vs NDSU - 4233

TU's Sunday attendance against a Memphis team that has been among the most talked about teams in the country - 3524

Maybe more of an indication of the current state of TU basketball, but I prefer to think that we are just a more appealing entertainment venue. Thankful that ORU basketball is drawing crowds like this again. These games are so much more fun with a full arena and hundreds of fans to join in booing sorry refs. Props to the ticket sales group for capitalizing on last year's success.

4,233 people in the Mabee Center would mean that every single available seat in the lower bowl was full. 

If anyone believes that 4,233 was anywhere close to the actual attendance, I have a beautiful ocean front villa in Wichita for sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a good crowd on Saturday night and the student section was full and engaged.  Hopefully that type of support continues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, the ending of the Tulsa vs Memphis game was brutal.  It was like none of the TU players wanted to shoot.  Bizarre.

In reference to the lack of quality officiating at the NDSU game on Saturday, it is possible on Griesel’s last shot that the ORU defender was trying to be careful not to draw a foul on what was a difficult rainbow arc type shot.  When at times the refs were calling phantom touch fouls, that can affect how a player might defend in an end of game situation like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

In reference to the lack of quality officiating at the NDSU game on Saturday, it is possible on Griesel’s last shot that the ORU defender was trying to be careful not to draw a foul on what was a difficult rainbow arc type shot.  When at times the refs were calling phantom touch fouls, that can affect how a player might defend in an end of game situation like that.

I just wish he had been picked up defensively somewhere before he got inside the arc, but again, it's a one-point game and you want avoid him intetionally drawing contact off the dribble and getting to the line.  Carlos came over and challenged the shot late, but to no avail.  Would have been nice for that to have been Francis or DJ, but they hesitated.  Griesel is a tough assignment in the open court; it was a great shot on his part.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

It was a good crowd on Saturday night and the student section was full and engaged.  Hopefully that type of support continues.

I've brought a number of friends to games this season who have commented on how much they enjoy the student section and the overall atmosphere, which is much better than in previous years.  

They're just all looking forward to when the t-shirt cannon and the mini-basketballs make their return; I'm assuming their absence is a COVID protocol thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I just wish he had been picked up defensively somewhere before he got inside the arc, but again, it's a one-point game and you want avoid him intetionally drawing contact off the dribble and getting to the line.  Carlos came over and challenged the shot late, but to no avail.  Would have been nice for that to have been Francis or DJ, but they hesitated.  Griesel is a tough assignment in the open court; it was a great shot on his part.

 

I was about to write that Max should have stepped over to help, but the guy he is guarding is shooting 40.5% from 3 this year. Don't want to step too far off of that guy.

Just a heck of a play by Griesel. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, Old Titan said:

Bingo.  That was the last straw for her after a couple of other run-ins.

I think that warrants a decade-long ban, don't you? 🙄

No doubt!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...