Congratulations, Eagles!!!

tmh8286

After yesterday's blowout of Western Illinois, it was a pitchers' duel today. ORU had a very shaky one run lead going into top of the ninth (ORU played as the visitor today), but the Eagles managed to gain a little breathing room by scoring a single run in the top of the ninth on an error by the WIU short stop. Sean Jarrett had his usual incredible performance, pitching the final three innings without giving up a hit. He was named Tournament MVP.

Congratulations to the ORU Golden Eagles on their ninth consecutive Mid-Con Baseball Championship. They provided some real thrills the past couple of days.

I don't care how bad the Mid-Con is - to win an event nine years in a row is quite amazing. We all know the streak will end some day - but it's not today!

By the way, did I miss something in the Mid-Con release earlier this week - how could Sean Jarrett be left off of the Mid-Con All-Conference teams??? He's been untouchable this year!

Sean did most of his damage against ORU's non-conference opponents because he wasn't needed during Mid-Con games. Right or wrong, baseball's all-conference voting comes down to league competition in most cases and Sean didn't even have enough innings pitched to qualify for the conference leaders in just Mid-Con play. I could be wrong, but I think he only saw action against Centenary and Oakland(?) during the regular season.

He's still by far the best arm in any Mid-Con bullpen, which he proved with his five perfect innings at the tournament en route to MVP honors.