Not good...

Texasgrip

After hearing so much about how great we are, I was sorely dissapointed with the first 4 1/2 innings tonight...esp. against Centenary. And my first time back to JL Johnson stadium in 13 years...

(I can't believe it cost me $5 even for my 3-year old girl).

Hope they pull it out...

I sure appreciate the live stats feature tonight, as for some reason I can't get the audio feed. Anyone else experiencing problems?

i tried for about the last hour to get the game on the web as well...the live states were much appreciated, but i would have like to have heard the last few innings. it looks like the good guys dodged a bullet tonight.

You shouldn't have been worried, Grip. Although we didn't play our best tonight, it appears that Centenary eventually proved how poor the Mid-Con truly is.

These first round Mid-Con games always make me nervous. Most teams (even in the Mid-Con) have one decent pitcher, and if that pitcher gets hot at the right time, anything can happen. It appears that the Centenary pitcher played the spoiler role for 5 innings, and then (fortunately) couldn't finish the deal. Now that we're past the first round, I'm much more comfortable, and I'm confident the team won't take the rest of the weekend for granted.

Guest EagleBackr
After hearing so much about how great we are, I was sorely dissapointed with the first 4 1/2 innings tonight...esp. against Centenary. And my first time back to JL Johnson stadium in 13 years...

(I can't believe it cost me $5 even for my 3-year old girl).

Hope they pull it out...

...if you had been able to stay through the whole game, you would have seen another masterful come-from-behind victory by the Golden Eagles. That's why they play 9 innings (sometimes 10) and not 4-1/2! ORU has coupled stingy middle relief and slam-the-door closing pitching with timely hitting and base running all year in the late innings. And don't sniff at Centenary - they always have a few good players in that "wild-eyed Southern boy" tradition; they just sometimes lack the pitching, which showed up in the late innings tonight. And considering this is a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR AN NCAA BERTH, $5 a seat - for whatever age fan - is a steal (and is dictated by the CONFERENCE, not ORU). So next game, just buck up, plop down your five-spot, stay for THE WHOLE GAME, and enjoy your return to beautiful J.L. Johnson!

Two questions for someone who attended the game...

1) In the ninth, with Jake K on first and none out, did either Bouchie or Rothford, who both eventually struck out, attempt a bunt?

2) On the final play, did Aguailar really score from SECOND on a wild pitch? Was there a huge carom, or did some other strange incident take place???

The radio problems came from KCFO's bandwidth . . . it coudn't support the number of listerners that were trying to get on.

1) Bouchie tried to lay down the bunt twice but wasn't successful.

2) Yes, Ags did score from second on the wild pitch. The catcher couldn't find where the ball bounced and Brian had plenty of time to come around for the game winner.

I can't tell you how confused I was when the stat tracker said that their was a wild pitch and he scored from second. Nice work Gentlemen.

The wild pitch bounced off the catcher's knee and went almost into the ORU dugout. The catcher had no idea where the ball went. He was looking all over around the plate, when the ball had really gone flying completely out of the area he was searching.

The pitcher stayed on the mound, screaming at the catcher the whole time. I don't know if he could have changed the outcome if he'd gone after the ball himself, but my boys mocked his inaction all the way home!

I listened to the radio broadcast while at the game, and Jeff Haxton said that KCFO had 230 people logged on to the internet feed. The station lacked the bandwidth to carry that load, as statboy has already said. I only repeat the info because I thought that it was interesting to know how many were listening via internet around the country.

One other thing I noticed - even when their relief pitcher began to struggle, Centenary didn't have anyone warming up in the bullpen. I don't know if they were trying to save pitchers or what. But it sure appeared that they intended to live or die with the relief pitching of Kris Calhoun.

Haxton pointed out during the game, for those online that may or may not have heard due to the audio problems, that Centenary traveled four players short. Apparently they weren't expecting to make the tournament, and those guys had already headed home.

Haxton pointed out during the game, for those online that may or may not have heard due to the audio problems, that Centenary traveled four players short. Apparently they weren't expecting to make the tournament, and those guys had already headed home.

How embarrasing for the Gentlemen.

well, thats what happens when youdon't have high expectations i guess. They almost pulled off a monster upset, and though i'm confident we will beat Western today, if we were already one down, Oakland might have been able to pull off some magic of thier own...

I know they don't usually video these games, but is there any way to get a copy of the game either audio or video? I was at work so I had my girlfriend in England trying to listen to it and text me the results and she too couldn't get a feed so she just watched the live stats for 3 hours...lol...

As fun as it was to watch stat tracker i'm going to go to the game today. After yesterdays game ORU has convinced me to show up for this one, I will be sitting in box 10 on the first base side I hope its a really boring game where ORU has it wrapped up 26-0 in the 2nd inning. I don't need an exciting game like yesterday to be happy just a win. Hope to see whoever can come at the game.

In regards to CC losing showing how poor the mid-con is, we did nearly the same thing to then 14# Arkansas. Come-backs suck, but if you let up, a costly mistake will rip a game right out of your hands, SEC or Mid-con.