The Rosenblatt Report's NCAA Regional Projections

ORUalum

Glad to see someone else thinks were a #3 seed (I agree!). What's really interesting about this projection is that ORU has played 17 games against the projected tournament teams (over a third of the regular season schedule)! That is a significant amount, especially when we thought this year's schedule was "weaker" than previous years. And, ORU finished 3-0 against projected #1 seeds, 1-2 vs #2, 2-6 vs. #3 seeds, and 2-1 vs. #4 - for a total record of 8-9. Frankly, I think this is one of our best records against NCAA tourney teams in recent history. We deserve a #3 seed! (if we lose the Mid-Con this weekend, I think we'll be left home, but that's not gonna happen!) Stillwater would be a great regional - or OKC - bring it on!

I"m kind of surprised to see OSU as a one seed (although I don't follow college baseball close enough to know their overall record). They were not very impressive in either of their games against ORU. I guess our pitchers had an outstanding outing when they played here, and OSU was coming off a difficult Bedlam series when we played there, but up to this point they've been very beatable.

No doubt about it, though, if we play them down there again they will be out for blood!

OSU had a rocky start, much like we did, but they caught fire toward the end of the season and have been very hot. The games against us were mid-week defunks against really good performances by ORU. I think our wins would give our guys a lot of confidence if we did have to play them in a regional.

We better win the Mid-Con or we won't be going dancin.