Hoopville story on what to do with the Mid-Con

TD

http://www.hoopville.net/column/flynn.asp?EntryID=15101

It's an interesting article but some of the conclusions aren't too solid. They just sound nice.

This comes from a guy who is friends with Cigarboy who writes on his and several other websites and did the college venue tour including ORU.

I must say one thing. I will really miss the posters on this forum. I hope one day Valpo and ORU are in the same conference again. God bless you all.

Sure hope this guy didn't get paid for what he wrote . . .

Centenary moves to the Sun Belt. I'm sure the Sun Belt would be happy to have Centenary as a member, especially since there are several non-football schools already in the conference.

Western Illinois, UMKC and Oral Roberts join the Missouri Valley . . . though it would lead to an odd number of teams a possible solution would be to go to 14 teams in two divisions by adding the former Mid-Con member Chicago State, thus adding yet another major metropolitan area to the MVC market.

Southern Utah could leave the I-AA Great West football conference and jump to I-A in the Big Sky.

I don't care who you are, you better be better informed about college athletics to write a story like this. Not knowing the Big Sky is I-AA football? The Sun Belt "happy" to have Centenary as a member? Don't think they're interested in what the Southland's already passed up repeatedly. Hope nobody takes anything in this article seriously.

If I never read anything this guy writes again, I'll be a happy person.

This guys assertion is a lot more realistic that the one about joining the C-USA.