Jordan Romano

jmg1984

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First there was one ORU all-star; now there are TWO!!  Hope Jose gets a chance to catch him.  That would be special.

Not many schools, even the Power 5 colleges have TWO players in the All Star game and on the same side/AL......oh, I am sure it happens on occasion but TheEagleman is proud of his Alma Mater today!!.....:shield-logo:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

American League Relief Pitcher of the Month for July!

And a pretty snazzy endorsement deal.  Something to consider for NIL deals in the future in the Tulsa market.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

TheEagleman watched Romero pitch a clean 1 1/3 innings last night vs. the Phillies....looked real good....he got top hitters Bryce Harper, JT Realmuto and Alec Bohm out in the 9th inning of a game the Blue Jays eventually lost in extra innings....⚾

• Like 2

Got a chance to see and talk with Jordan earlier this month when the Blue Jays visited Globe Life Field.  We stayed until the game was out of hand and Jordan's chance at playing was nonexistent (he only comes in when the game is close for a save or win opportunity).  He is still hanging in there at the top-3 of the "Saves" leaders (currently at 35), but don't know that he is going to get enough opportunities to win this category.  He did get a Hold in last night's game against Jose Trevino and the NY Yankees as he pitched the top of the 9th that the Blue Jays eventually won (after JR was out of the game).

Jordan Romano.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This future RHP for ORU Baseball might be the best grandkid yet.....

AL9nZEW9d0mEYTX7AEciTqyKSoN_SYI6c12M5ak0yC7upTf1Rd7gZQoHrG010c84T-LGfsdqtJgbEp_uHUO7L0tWOgI8DJ2f2bMT7A0WpB-dazQKV7OkPn39XoH_Z-XnzhMirKHuFc4HpekX0HScIfA9rTbp=w727-h969-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

Lol....not so fast my friend....Nolan is only a HS Junior and has chatted with Old Dominion, Rutgers and Fordham at this point but needs to have a big 2023 season to get some offers.... TheEagleman hopes to bring him to Tulsa for a visit in early 2023 if the ORU coaches can free up some time....not quite 17 he is currently 6-1 180 and still growing....has a nice cutter, curve and fastball topping out in mid 80s...hard to say right now if he is D-1 material  and not sure his mom wants him in Oklahoma but ya never know...😉

• Like 1

TheEagleman is not really an expert on the recruitment of HS baseball players by D-1 Schools but i know these kids get a lot of exposure in summer tournaments...My grandson plays on a travel/performance team out of South Jersey that is actually run by an AAA pitcher for the Phillies and he was Nolan's coach until he got signed to a pro contract last year....anyway, they played in several high profile tournaments this summer including one in August at Old Dominion in Norfolk...it was there that Nolan and my daughter were approached by reps from Fordham and ODU...all they said was they liked what they saw....keep his grades up and have a good 2023 season and they will be following his progress.....he has also talked with Rutgers at his South Jersey HS because two of his pitching teammates were recruited and signed with the Scarlet Knights early this year....my grandson plays for a very good HS program in Group 3 in South Jersey and they play top teams like Ocean City NJ and Millville (Mike Trout).....so at this point it's still early in the game....and again not sure Nolan has D-1 talent but his progress has been steady over the past few years and he's getting bigger and stronger.....he is an ORU fan and follows on twitter and instagram.....the shirt was a christmas gift last year and his teammates all know about ORU because of him and of course our Sweet 16 run in basketball.....again I think his mom would prefer that he stay on the East Coast but if the offer is good enough....well, you know how it goes.....his brother wound up at the U. of Colorado but it was academics....he is not playing baseball there.......⚾

• 3 months later...