Jordan Romano

jmg1984

• 1 month later...

Jordan Romano is leading MLB in saves with 15 this season (however, Cade Denton got to 15 saves first!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jordan Romano with save #27 last night for the Blue Jays.....😎

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Jordan Romano with save #27 last night for the Blue Jays.....😎

He's been in three games since the All-Star Game last week - one no decision (to attempt to see if he had any lingering effects from his back tightness in the ASG), one loss in 2/3 of an inning when the game was 2-2 and he allowed the winning hit, and last night's save - still leading the AL, I believe, as Clase at Cleveland has 26 saves.

Jordan hits the 15-day IL Saturday due to the back inflammation that acted up on him during the All-Star Game earlier this month.  It will be interesting to see if he comes back in August or when the rosters expand in September, but he was on track to break the franchise's save record of 45 saves that was set in 1993 - 30 years ago.  Now, we just need to hope he gets better quickly.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Save #31 for Romano tonight against the (much improved) Orioles.  I don't know if Jordan will get to the record or not but he is still putting up stellar numbers and making a good living doing it.

12 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Save #31 for Romano tonight against the (much improved) Orioles.  I don't know if Jordan will get to the record or not but he is still putting up stellar numbers and making a good living doing it.

I would like to root for him but not while my O's are fighting for the best record in the American League. No way.  

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:33 AM, dave said:

I would like to root for him but not while my O's are fighting for the best record in the American League. No way.  

New York Yankees Sport GIF by YES Network