Bracing for a Long Summer

ORU Eli

Man I wish it was time for Champions or something...This time of year is always my least favorite on "the board." Always so quiet.

I think we are several weeks away from the Champions league starting up... I saw on their web-site that they are planning a league this summer so I assume the ORU (and TU) guys will be playing.

It will be nice to finally see some of the new guys play - and that includes Liberty, Spicer and Liberty. I might even take some photos and post them on the board.

I heard that all but one of the seniors walked across the stage last Saturday at graduation. Larry Owens only lacks nine hours and will fulfill that requirement this summer. That is a pretty impressive achievement.

One of my buddies said that he saw Shaun King in the GC today with one of the assistant coaches and a family member. It looks like the players are arriving. I told him to keep me updated.

yea, i saw owens in the computer lab all day studying for something or other.

Good work by the guys to stay on track.

Larry Owens could very easily convince himself that he will make a living (short-term) in basketball and put off getting his degree. It is a tribute to him (and his discipline) that he is spending his summer in school to finish his degree. He needs to do it now because doing it later will be more difficult. Good job Larry..... and the rest of the team.

I think Eric Fowlkes said that he is the first person in his family to obtain a college degree. Wonder how many of his family members were able to attend?

I heard that all but one of the seniors walked across the stage last Saturday at graduation. Larry Owens only lacks nine hours and will fulfill that requirement this summer. That is a pretty impressive achievement.

Terry, LO only needs 6 hours to graduate. Just in time for him to get crazy in shape for NBA camp??? He's a great young man! I hope he gets an opportunity to attend a camp! He's a smaller Ben Wallace -- he'd be really liked in a professional league somewhere!!! I'm gonna miss his presence on the court - he was great and so fun to watch!! :!:

Thanks ETG.... I stand corrected. Glad to see LO spend this summer finishing his degree. I hope he is taking advantage of the new weight room as well as still playing basketball with his teammates.

The *new* weight room? Is their also a new one in the Mabee or are you talking about the one in the baseball facility? If you're talking about the new baseball one, I thought that was for all the other programs except basketball since they had their own.

I was referrng to the new facility that is part of the newly constructed Baseball facility. I did not know that the basketball players could (would) not use be using the new facility. I imagine that they could if they wanted to - especially this summer. I doubt the basketball weight room in the Mabee Center is as nice as the new weight room.