NCAA Regionals

vcboy2000

SEBaseball.com (rivals networks college board) has predicted that we will be in the Norman regional as a 4 seed with Kentucky, OU and Wichita St being the other 3 teams. They have the Shockers at #3 even though we beat them twice. OU is very strong as of late, and I think Sonny would be out for blood because of the last outing we had against him 2004. Anybody in the athletic dept. know if things have smoothed over with them since the last meeting at JL Johnson?

not sure how sonny relations are, but i'm friends with some of the ball players who were here under him and they love the idea of beating him, not sure why.....LOL

but Wichita state has gotten alot stronger since we played them, I think it would be a great regional for us to land in, we could actually have a chance to advance there I think. Like any regional, its tough being the four seed, but I think it would be the best out of the other brackets that are possible.

The editor said that our RPI ranking of 82 is why we are an #4 seed. I guess if we can beat Arkansas at least one of these games there is no telling where we will end up.

...and about Sonny. All the baseball guys I knew under him couldn't stand him either. They said he was the biggest jerk that ever dawned an ORU uniform. They gave him all he could handle when OU visited us a while back. I guess you have to be a bit of an arse when you're coaching a successful baseball team. It's not the job of the head coach to be 'buddy-buddy' with the players. He's got to get them to win. I guess they felt he crossed over the line at times.

I know what your saying, but I don't know a single ball player who doesn't like Walton....

from what I'm told, they love him...