Luka!!!!

ORUalum

Hopefully he has some of the same traits as that other Luka from Slovenia

Did they land a pick and pop partner for max

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

Hopefully has some of the same traits as that other Luka from Slovenia

Did they land a pick and pop partner for max

Sounds like a potentially great pick up.way to keep at it coach mills!

Nice to see some size added to the roster with the loss of Obanor. 

Luka is listed at 203 pounds, so he needs to add about 20-25 pounds.  Should be a good stretch four

🤩  One of the tweets I saw from March said he was getting interest from South Carolina, Seton Hall, Maryland, South Florida, and Stetson....

Luka appears to be a very nice recruit! 

Hurry up and get here, November!

Bring back the flame and Go Big Blue!

Rob

If Luka can use his size to set screens and rebound any scoring will be a bonus.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

If Luka can use his size to set screens and rebound any scoring will be a bonus.

Agreed.  From his stat history, he doesn't appear to be a big scorer.  But, scouts have commented on his excellent ball-handling skills as a big man, which could play well into our offensive system.  We need some girth and depth on the frontline for defense and rebounding - along with the ability to effectively dish the ball out to our (many) scoring threats on the perimeter.  Sounds like a solid signing - and immediately available for play this fall.  The Eastern European pipeline strikes again!

Very excited!  Should be a good fit for the offense.  With Luka and Sir Isaac plus Lufile, Plet, and Clover, we should have a good battle for playing time and good depth.

Let's see what he has got...

CPCA Forward Headed To ORU - Zach Smart

CPCA FORWARD HEADED TO ORU

http://www.zachsmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/1BDA16AE-1F94-411A-AD37-6C2066304FC9.jpeg

Oral Roberts University has received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-10 forward Luka Tekavcic. Out of Central Pointe Christian Academy HS in Kissimmee, Fla., the skilled and versatile Tekavcic is a late pickup for head coach Paul Mills and staff.

With NBA 3-point range and the ability to put the ball on the deck like a guard, the Slovenia native brings upside and a unique threat for ORU. Mills’ program recently lost Kevin Obaner, who averaged 23 points and 11 boards during the team’s wild 2021 Sweet Sixteen run.

They also returned electrifying, high scoring guard Max Abmas, who tested the NBA waters after leading the nation in scoring during the 2020-2021 season.

Tekavcic gives the program depth in the frontcourt. He averaged 11.6 points at Central Pointe this past season, a role player alongside Illinois-signee R.J. Melendez during the White Tigers’ second consecutive Grind Session World Championships berth. Tekavcic is a catch-and-shoot threat that gives them perimeter offense. Defensively, he’s got the length and ability to guard multiple positions.

“Luka is a very skilled player, a legit 6-10,” said Richie Delmau, CPCA’s head coach.

“A good shooter, good defender, he can block shots and is a very smart team player.”

• Like 1

Sounds like exactly what we need! Welcome Luka! 
hopefully we can get some bruiser power from our returnees or the Sir and we will be in good shape

whens that blue/white….?

Nice pickup. I feel good about our bigs this year, even with KO leaving. Will be very interesting to see what our offense looks like this year - my guess is night/day difference from last year. 

Looks like a great kid...and 6-10.....KO who? 😎

9 hours ago, Ting said:

whens that blue/white….?

I don’t believe it’s usually until late October…

3 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I don’t believe it’s usually until late October…

So much excitement before October…. I like all those lob catches in that Luka highlight video in the other thread. I know it’s a lot to expect out of a true freshman, but maybe we will see some good chemistry by March.