Prayer Request

BasPlayr

Hey guys,

As you might have seen by my absence from your boards, I've had to cut back on some of my activities, and had to pick between the TU & ORU forums.

I am having surgery the 8th of May and would like to ask you all to put in a good word for me with the man upstairs. @ 49, this is my first Surgery ever and, although they say it is not life threatening, it happens to be a fairly serious one, and you never know what might happen.

If you'd be so kind to remember me on Monday, the 8th, I'd be ever so grateful.

Ken

Ken,

Mrs. Smith and I will definitely be praying for you and your family before and during this time for a peaceful and complete recovery.

Please keep us advised on the board as you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, everyone, that remembered me in prayer. God has truely heard those prayers and has blessed me and my family greatly.

The Surgery went better than anyone could have expected. The Tumor was isolated to outside the spinal column, and they believe that they were able to get every bit of it out. The prognosis is very heartening in that they do not believe any future surgeries will be required. We knew going in that the tumor was benign, but we did not know if it was the only one or if it had spread beyond the location it was found. God has seen fit to Bless me with just the single location and the doctors are 99.9% certain that there should be no recurrance.

While I was in the hospital recovering, an F 1 tornado went thru the area where I live (South 241st & Hwy 75), and though I do have some hail & wind damage, my house, and those of my nearby family members, are intact. There were several large trees uprooted, and a couple fell on some of the houses, but thankfully, no one was injured and the damage to the homes are minimal.

After arriving home Thursday evening, I went outside Friday to "survey the damage". It was then that I realized just how "lucky" I am to know a God that watches over me. He has truly blessed me and my family this past week.

Again, Thank all of you that prayed for me and my family. I have asked God to bless each of you, and thanked God for each one of you.

May God continue to Bless each of you, and when I get to see you I want to personally thank you for your kindness.

God Bless,

Ken Smith

Thanks for the update Ken.... God is faithful! We continue to lift you up in our prayers.

Allrught! Good news, Ken! Thanks for sharing.

Great news, Ken!! Mrs. Smith and I knew you were in good hands, but wondered how things hand come through. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing and handling the surgery. We'll be praying for you through your recovery and hope you continue to enjoy the things you have around you. It's easier to appreciate things and not take them for granted once you have had an opportunity to go through something like this (both the surgery and the storm). Hope you're back to your normal schedule soon.