Sir Issac Herron

Old Titan

Stumbled over this on Twittter - if it pans out, the kid immediately enters the "Great Name Hall of Fame" before he even takes the floor!

We need size and he has it... Looks like he also can shoot a jump shot. Let’s hope he can fill out a bit. 

Verbal commits shows lots of mid major offers plus Georgia and Tulsa. I didn’t think we recruited in the same pool as Tulsa though....

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Verbal commits shows lots of mid major offers plus Georgia and Tulsa. I didn’t think we recruited in the same pool as Tulsa though....

One thing you can count on:  if he does end up signing with ORU, everyone affiliated with TU (especially Chris Harmon with their Rivals.com recruiting-centric fan forum) will swear up and down that they never were interested in him, but if they were, they decided not to offer him, but if they did, they told him they didn't have a scholarship for him, etc., etc., etc.

george costanza seinfeld GIF

• Old Titan changed the title to Sir Issac Herron

If a player WAS offered by TU is that really a player you want? TU doesn’t have anybody who can shoot.

• Haha 1

Coach Mills really knows how to sign them out of the Houston area.  Going to the NCAA tournament does not hurt either!

We have several big men on the roster but they rarely play (due to injury reasons and because Paul Mills loves the 5 guard lineup).  So, I love this commitment and I sincerely hope that if he signs here that he actually gets the playing time that he deserves.  Maybe he is really a guard in a 6’10” body.  If so, he will become a starter.

He looks like a mixture of Kerwin Smith (2018) and DJ Weaver.  Scouts describe him as athletic and able to guard different positions on the court.  They also say he has only played organized basketball for three years and has a lot of potential.  ESPN listed him as a three star power forward with a grade of 77 out of a 100.

Three-star center Sir Issac Herron commits to Oral Roberts

Link:  https://247sports.com/Article/Sir-Issac-Herron-Oral-Roberts-basketball-recruiting--162627062/

excerpt:

"It was just an overall good fit for me," says Herron on his commitment. "They have been recruiting me since the end of my junior year. That spoke volumes to the type of coaches that are at Oral Roberts. They really made the transition to commit easier and I really confident in my commitment."

• Like 2

Sir Issac is glad he picked ORU!  Should be a strong addition to the Eagles in upcoming years.

Oh my. I haven't kept up with recruiting but a long 6'9 running around like that on the perimeter? Looks like a Baylor type guy. If ORU is gonna be getting these type of players and hoping they pan out, goodness.

• 3 weeks later...

Why him? Herron narrowly missed the cut for the Rivals150 coming out of winter, and if we had been able to see the entire country play this summer, he may have made his way into the next Rivals150. The way he played while watching some of his action from the Elite 36 in Houston was really impressive. He's long, he's got some athleticism and he's got some sneaky skill. But what I liked most was how hard he played and how he found ways to get things done on both ends. He's worth high-major attention.

Recruitment: Louisiana Tech, Morgan State, Oral Roberts, Sam Houston State, Tennessee Tech, Texas Southern, Tulsa and many others have offered.

Didn't know if this was posted anywhere. This is from the Rivals main basketball guy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2