Scott Sutton on Sports Animal @ 1:30 today...

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...presumably to talk about Sango, Robinson and the November signees. Al Jerkins and Tulsa World's Bill Haisten, AM 1550 and FM 97.1. Anyone who listens in, post your thoughts here...

can u listen to the animal online?

Go to http://www.thesportsanimal.com I think you have to register to do so, but it seems that you can.

Ok forget that go to http://www.sportsanimaltulsa.com but I don't see a way to listen online....dangit. Hopefully eventually they will have a link to be able to listen to them.

The first link works fine. It just makes you register and it cuts out during local commercials. Had an impromptu meeting so I don't know if I missed the interview. Anyone know if Scott has allready been on?

Guest EagleBackr

Sports Animal-Tulsa says they are currently working on getting live streaming on their website...

TU football coach Steve Kragthorpe was "in studio" with Al Jerkins when Scott came on, so Coach was forced to share the stage a little bit, but Coach K is such a great guy it wasn't a big deal. In fact, before Scott came on the air, Kragthorpe compared ORU's basketball run with TU's football run as both having brought the city together! I'm sure Coach Wojcik at TU appreciated hearing that...

Anyway, Scott did not get much chance to talk about our new signees right off the bat as Big Al instead focused on advantages of early signing day vs. this late signing day. Scott said he liked having both days, to lock up "under the radar" types in November and find "through the cracks" guys in April. Scott admitted if there were only one signing day in the spring for basketball, we probably never get Caleb Green after he tore it up his senior year...

...talked a bit about George Mason's run. Said he felt no additional pressure to succeed due to their success, and thought it would help mid-majors in the future with getting at-large bids. Al and he both agreed, in so many words, that Billy Packer should keep his pie hole shut about mid-majors if he's not going to watch any of them play during the season...

...said we are playing at Arkansas this coming season, and are still trying to locate a fourth team for a new holiday tournament to be held at the Mabee Center(!). Also said we are hoping to play in the ESPN Bracket Buster again...

...said ORU coaches would be going to AAU tourneys in Arkansas and Las Vegas later this month to get a jump start on seeing some high school juniors...

...said Eddie is doing great - said the back surgery has literally changed his life...

Can't think of anything else too earth-shattering. Anyone else hear anything I missed?