ORU vs. Wichita State

ORUTerry

The Golden Eagles travel up to Wichita on Wednesday to play the Shockers. On top of an unplanned coaching change recently, Wichita State is battling an outbreak of COVID-19 and may be short handed. That is, if the game is played. 

Five Guys out, huh?....makes TheEagleman hungry for a burger....but on the serious side.....it will be interesting to see how this affects the Vegas line tomorrow....could ORU even be road favorites?....probably not....but depth will be a problem for the Shockers....and I think this may be their season opener?....is that correct?....:tb-blue:

• Like 1

Yeah they only have 8 scholarship players available but then ORU has only had 10 available in the first two games.  The Shockers must be desperate for a home game because if they get in foul trouble then the team manager or coach's son may have to suit up.

Line is currently ORU +11.  This year, I’m afraid that it all comes down to our three point shooting. I probably wouldn’t touch this one. 

ORU +11 sounds almost sounds like a gift since the Shockers only have 8 players.... This one is very tempting....🏀😛🏀

8 players, but I think that still includes their starting 5. I probably wouldn't touch this one either, though this is a very chaotic time for the shockers. 

Wichita State is -13 this morning with the O/U at 151.....main five players are available for WSU along with 3 subs so even though this is their opener it should be enough to handle the Good Guys.....perhaps most of these guys are happy that Greg Marshall is gone..... TheEagleman believes we can keep it close so I will tease ORU and the Over counting on a relatively competitive high scoring game....let's call it  Shockers 85  ORU 77......Abmas with 20 and Obanor 18......:tb-white:

Solid first half for the Eagles, only down 2.  Max was on fire behind the arc but K.O. has picked up three fouls.  As long as the three pointers are going in, ORU can keep this game close.  They need to slow down Gilbert who had 12 points.

SDSU ahead of Iowa State by 13 in the 2nd half.  Beating Iowa State and Wichita State would make a nice evening for the Summit League.

I'll never understand letting a 9 pt lead melt away on the road and never using a TO to settle your team.

🤮 gave it away....no fans, only 8 players, their 1st game....if there ever was a more perfect scenario...

oh yeah, and a 9 point lead midway through 2nd half... couldn’t put them away

1 hour ago, ORUIllini said:

Is it safe to assume Lufile is out for an extended period and Bergens is redshirting?

There is no such thing as redshirting this year, since this season doesn’t count for eligibility.  I don’t know how long he will be out, but he can play as soon as he is able (even if only a few games) with no impact to his future.  

I thought that the defense and rebounding effort was significantly improved tonight over our first two games.  We were just a couple of untimely turnovers away from pulling off an upset.   I don’t like the emphasis on the 3 pt FG, but I’m pretty sure that this team is built on reliance on the three.  Will win us some games, and lose us some games. 

Losing that 9 point lead in less than two minutes just head scratching....but overall fine efforts from Max and Obanor....tough loss but an easy win tonight for TheEagleman....never a doubt....😁