Recruiting Class in Review

vcboy2000

Some of the basic goals of any athletic program in the recruitment process is to address the urgent and future needs of the team while trying to elevate the level of talent in the program as a whole. Now that our recruiting class for this year is complete, how do you think we did in meeting those goals?

Our big holes were left in the wing and post positions. Larry Owens was one of a kind, and Mickey's girth helped take a lot of pressure off Caleb. JB brought leadership and experience in so many different ways, but we currently have a back-up that should perform very well. Eric and Chris were great utility guards that provided an offensive threat and defensive toughness off the bench.

I've heard it said before and the comment was made several times during the NCAA tourney that many of the David over Goliath upsets you see during the year occur when the mid-major comes in and brings 2 things - a very athletic team and a gritty hard-nosed brand of defense. I think we were showing that kind of play during parts of this season, but with the team we have on paper now, we should have a very exciting brand of basketball on the court at least the next two years. I would like to see a quality 6'7-6'10" size guy added to the team but am still very excited with the depth and athleticism we have coming in.